• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any advice pleases

birchy

hi please can any one give me any advice i applyed for nhs funding for bariatric surgery 24months ago the criteria was bmi was 40=50 i done everything they told to do then my gp applyed for funding they told me to do a 6month weightloss diet whitch i did when my gp applyed again for funding they said i didnt meet the criteria any more because my bmi is 43 i got in contact with my mp to help me. My mp contacted pct and they said i should get my gp to apply for individual funding for exceptional case has this happened to anyone or can anyone give me any advice please.

Last edited:
I think there are quiet a few on here who got funding via exceptional cases.

Mine was, at the time I'd applied the BMI in my area was 40, mine was 37, but as I have secondary arthritis in my knee due to an accident which has given me poor mobility I got funding.

Your G.P. will need to base your BMI on what it was when you originally applied and then show how you have assisted your weightloss. Detailing what diets you've been on and how much you've lost etc. He will need to put down any weight related health issues you have as well.

Hope that helps, good luck

Back