• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter about funding..(Walsall Manor Hospital)

Solga

Hello everyone, I need your advice,please.
In the beginning of Dec I've had my second appointment with Dr.Kendrick,he was very happy about my weight loss and said that next time I see him will be after my op.In the end of Dec I rung PCT to ask whether I had my funding yet,they said that I don't fit new criteria and I need to contact my GP,which I did the same day.My GP promised to apply for funding for me.Next day I rung Tracy Lowe to Walsall Manor to ask whether I will ever have any appointments in future and she told me that I already had my funding,which was a nice shock for me.She said that I'll have my op around Sept-Oct 11. Tracey spoke to my GP's secretary on the phone and confirmed to her that I'm on the waiting list.
Spoke to Tracey day before yesterday about waiting times again(been invited to the wedding in Israel) and she just repeated herself and gave the same time Sep-Oct.
Today I've received two letters: one is from Tracy confirming that I'm on waiting list and my funding is in place,second from W-ton PCT telling me that my Gp asked for funding and on the 18.01. they have decided that I can't get surgery as I don't fit their new criteria.
I'm confused and don't know what to do...don't want to ring and bother Tracy again, as spoke to her two days ago. I think I just will wait till Autumn and see whether I get my op or not.Do you think it's right or I need to do something else?
Thank you for reading such a long and confusing post. :)

im sure this happened to another walsall manor patient from another site and she just kept quiet and went ahead and had the op. Just go through the motions and keep your appointments at Walsall unless you are told otherwise. Lets face it, once youve had the bypass they cant take it off you!

Prob not the answer you were looking for, but thats exactly what Id do

Thank you and I think that this is what I'm going to do.As if they say I don't fit their criteria then I won't get my op anyway,so kind of nothing to lose.Thank you for your reply xx

I'm guessing funding was approved when the old criteria was in place and this is where the pct are confused. Your gp applying on 18th Jan probably just confused them as they thought it was a new application under the new criteria. I'd stick with Sam's idea and keep a low profile xx

Tracey said I'm going through under old criteria as I started everything before they have changed it. Do you think that they can take my funding off me now?

Tracey said I'm going through under old criteria as I started everything before they have changed it. Do you think that they can take my funding off me now?

In theory they probably could which is why I'd keep my head down and say nowt if I were you x

Yes Solga, keep your head down with regards communicating with Wolverhampton pct. However feel free to nag Tracey as much as you like, i think she enjoys it :) xx

Back