• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any Bristol Banders???

robyn_s

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there are any banders from the Bristol area on the forum? It would be really nice to hear from you :D

Robyn xx

I am not but gloucestershire so not that far

Im a gloucestershire Bander too :) xx

When did you get your band Robyn? How are you finding it? Xx

I have had it 2 weeks now and seem to be getting on really well. I am really glad to be in the purée stage now, I had scrambled eggs this morning and they wend down a treat. I have lost 21lbs since my consultation which was about a month ago so I am really happy with that, and happier if I can keep up the pace, although I am sure it will slow down when I start eating again. I feel really positive which is great.

Lots of Gloucestershire gals then. I am finding hard to find any local, local banders. I had hoped to find a bristol bassed support group but there doesn't seem to be anything which is a shame. Do you guys have anything up in the shire??

Karen- where in Bristol do you have your fills??

xx

Bumper

Hi - I'm just bumping this as I am in the early stages of getting treatment at Southmead in Bristol, (I live near Devizes in Wiltshire) and was wondering if anyone knows what the rough sequence of events is for gastric banding at Southmead (NHS).
For the record - I have funding in place, had an initial assessment, been given a CPAP thing from Swindon and had a couple of appointments with a dietitian. I have now been asked to see someone at Frencha as well as continuing with the dietitian and am not quite sure what to expect!! :eek:
Any tips gratefully received!

Hey, I'm at Southmead and having my surgery 31st August- but your events are a bit different from mine - all took roughy a year from funding including dietitian, psychologist, pre op and meeting with surgeon. Inbox me if you need to know more x

Good luck Tegan not long to go now, I am a second referal to south mead just had consultation date through for oct. I orig seen Dr Andrew Johnson whom was very rude and unprofessional so I am hoping to be seen by someone different this time. Im in Corsham,wiltshire so add me if anyone needs a pal or two I know I do :)

Aww thank you- and good luck with it all yourself. It's a stressful journey but will all be worth it in the end. I think I saw Dr Johnson haha but can't remember. My consultant is Mr Hewes x

Back