• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VEGETARIAN

BlueDiamond

Hello all

i just wondered if there are any vegetarian banders :confused:

Was wondering what you use in place for chicken/fish etc ( i cant stand that quorn) well little lie there I love the chicken strips but thats it. Thanks in advance xx

I'm not sure why you are asking this - are you thinking of becomimg veggie?.................

I'm 42 and havent eaten meat since I was 16

There are lots of meat alternatives - more than there were 20 years ago anyway! Plus protein wise, quorn, cheese, tofu and pulses.

The trick with quorn is not to over cook it - it doesnt need anywhere near as much cooking as meat.

Hi all, I'm considering becoming a veggie. I've never really been a great meat lover anyway and now that I've got some good restriction I'm struggling with chicken too. Is it possible to be a vegetarian who eats fish??
Mazza do you find the Quorn easy to get down?

I'm not sure why you are asking this - are you thinking of becomimg veggie?.................

Yes

I'm 42 and havent eaten meat since I was 16

There are lots of meat alternatives - more than there were 20 years ago anyway! Plus protein wise, quorn, cheese, tofu and pulses.

The trick with quorn is not to over cook it - it doesnt need anywhere near as much cooking as meat.

Thank you

I am thinking of switching to non meat options as I am struggling at the moment. I tried those cauldron sausages last night. I baked them in the oven and they were delicious. When I picked them up in the supermarket Mr TB looked at me as if I had picked up arsenic:rolleyes:. He said he would reserve judgment until he had tasted them. He loved them too:D. They will make a nice change now and then. Going to try few other products over the coming weeks.

tranquil x

TB watch the fat content in some of the veggie options. Quorn products are by far the lowest but Linda McCartney etc can be on the high side.

A word of warning though quorn sausages need to really be chewed, they are the most difficult product to get down.

Back