• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ideas for sloppy stage!!

Meggie

Hey,
I'm on the sloppy stage of my post-op diet. I'm looking for ideas on things to eat.

I'm also going out for a meal at some point this weekend, as I have a guest coming to stay and am starting to climbs the walls!! Need to leave the house and Kilburn for a few hours!! I'm guessing I can have mash and gravy whilst I'm out. Probably a bad idea to try something new out!!! Any ideas though??

Thanks

hi meggie, i'm just starting this stage too. i'll be interested in the answers!

Hmm if i was at your stage and going out to eat with a friend i'd probably stick to the old faithful soup. For two reasons, 1 you know you're fine with it, 2, i'm tight and i wouldn't want to pay a fortune for a bit of mash n gravy...

Good luck with your meal and your visitor xx

I'd agree with Julie and say that soup may be the best bet, I've found it quite frustrating to eat out and find that my choice of meal hasn't agreed with my pouch - and boy does it let me know!

I did try to avoid eating out when I was on sloppies however I did go out on Christmas Eve and ended up having a Lamb curry and only eating a few spoonfuls of the sauce as I really needed something spicy - went down a treat :cool:

All the best

Dan

I agree with the others, stick with soup. I tried some scrambled egg whilst out and it's a bit embarrasing having to go and find a loo to throw up in if you struggle with it.

Ah the fun of eating out on sloppies, we went to Harry Ramsdens so I had mushy peas with loads of gravy! Soup is usually Ok, but do check. When I was on liquids we went away, first night in the restaurant and I choose tomato soup. I ask the waiter if there is any sugar in it. Off he goes to the chef and comes back "Yes, it has got sugar in it" Next night and I ask what flavour is today's soup? Cream of mushroom, cream? Darn it, two nights and no dinner!

The past two times i've been out i chose jacket potatoes and cheese and i just eat the middle bits mushed up and shove the salad and coleslaw that i can't eat onto my hubbys plate ! This only works though if you're just going to a cafe type place. I haven't been t a proper restaurant yet.

Back