• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any Ideas????

pam1200

Hi everyone :wave_cry:

I had a gastric band fitted on 15th July and although the first week was difficult I now feel pretty much back to normal except for the food situation!!! The 4 weeks of pureeing is getting me down - I am basically living on mashed potato and beans as the look of everything else makes me heave. I'm vegatarian and so am used to living on a lot of veg but as soon as I blend them I can't get them past my lips.

I found crisps mush down if you chew them long enough and I don't really think this is the route I should be going down after paying out so much money!!!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Hi Pam,

I eat a lot of cottage cheese...very low calorie with a lot of protein!

Protein's the key---get lots in if you can!

Amanda

Eek!

Be careful of cottage cheese!! I was banded on 12th July and was on a liquid diet until today. Now I can have any food that can be mushed with a fork. I tried cottage cheese for lunch today and vomitted quite horribly!!

I ate cauliflower cheese for dinner which was yummy and went down well... Could you try that?

Otherwise, how about a veggie stew cooked for ages so all the vegges are really soft?

Alice xx

I've never had a problem with cottage cheese. Suppose we're all different eh?

I did PB on an omelette.....not nice! I felt awful for 3 or 4 hours after. Don't ever want to see an omelette again lol

Hi Pam,
I'm a veggie too and am now 8 weeks post gastric bypass. Try veggie low calorie meals liquidised. I hate cottage cheese so had to add cheese etc to normal mashed food. I had quorn cottage pie blended, veggie cannelloni, veggie korma without rice and even blended egg and low cal salad cream to get the eggs in. Have a look at my thread if you need more ideas.
I'm pleased that it's all going smoothly for you. Keep opting for healthy choices where you can. Add sauces for flavour.

Hi I'm a bypasser! (makes me sound odd) i have found that baked potatoes, eggs, extra light philadelphia, veg curries, quorn mince in chilli and that have all been ok. not had a problem with cottage cheese but can't say i'm a huge fan. hope you can find new exciting things to eat x

Hi Pam, I'm a bander too and like Amanda have Cottage Cheese and goes down a treat ...everything is worth a try and see how u get on. I'm not vegie but i love Lentils and Chickpeas and i've been making some lovely Lentil dishes ( a bit like Tarka Dahl ) and the same with the chickpeas. Made it a bit like a humous...gave it a whizz in the blender and been feeling well eating that. Fills u up a treat too !! remeber tho not to drink 1-2hrs after eating....you'll just wash it down your stomach and ....be hungry again !! xx

Hiya

You are still new to the bypass . when i first had mine i lived on milk or soup.
Potatoes are not really the best thing you can have as you need to fill up on protein and leave carbs out.

You shouldnt really be feeling hungry but eating to get you nutritions you need.

Try an dleave out the spuds and try soups or milk or cottage cheese as others said( but i can stand the stuff)

When you get to about 8 weeks thats when you should start feeling better with foods. It will all settle out in the end and think of the wieght you will be losing

Mark

Hi everyone :wave_cry:

I had a gastric band fitted on 15th July and although the first week was difficult I now feel pretty much back to normal except for the food situation!!! The 4 weeks of pureeing is getting me down - I am basically living on mashed potato and beans as the look of everything else makes me heave. I'm vegatarian and so am used to living on a lot of veg but as soon as I blend them I can't get them past my lips.

I found crisps mush down if you chew them long enough and I don't really think this is the route I should be going down after paying out so much money!!!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Pam

What are you having for protein?

Must be more difficult for a veggie.

Eek!

Be careful of cottage cheese!! I was banded on 12th July and was on a liquid diet until today. Now I can have any food that can be mushed with a fork. I tried cottage cheese for lunch today and vomitted quite horribly!!

I ate cauliflower cheese for dinner which was yummy and went down well... Could you try that?

Otherwise, how about a veggie stew cooked for ages so all the vegges are really soft?

Alice xx

Here I go, cottage cheese for lunch - wish me luck!!!!!

ohhh let us know how it goes down! It sounds like I am in a minority for not being able to eat it!

Alice xx

yes my regime was liquids for 2 weeks then mushy food for 2 weeks, then cautiously introduce solids.

For me, the transition from liquids to mushy food was a bit difficult. I've been on mushy foods for 6 days and I've vomitted 3 out of those 6 days. I'm just trying to figure out what I can eat and what quantities too.

Why are you struggling? Anything I can help with?

Alice xx

I've never had a problem with cottage cheese. Suppose we're all different eh?

I did PB on an omelette.....not nice! I felt awful for 3 or 4 hours after. Don't ever want to see an omelette again lol

OMG same here!!! I had an omelette last night and was ok for 2 ish hours, then felt rough for the rest of the night, luckily it stayed down though - i'm paranoid about being sick. I'm not sure if it was the omlette or if I just eat too much, i'll be avoiding omlette also for a while - blurghhh!!! :sigh:

yes my regime was liquids for 2 weeks then mushy food for 2 weeks, then cautiously introduce solids.

For me, the transition from liquids to mushy food was a bit difficult. I've been on mushy foods for 6 days and I've vomitted 3 out of those 6 days. I'm just trying to figure out what I can eat and what quantities too.

Why are you struggling? Anything I can help with?

Alice xx

It's just the whole liquidised thing, i've now decided to have soft foods for some meals as i've got no energy and have struggled at work just on liquids. I'm supposed to be on liquids for 4 weeks then soft for 2 before by first infill. I've been careful and chewed, chewed, chewed, I can't see i'm doing any harm but I guess time will tell.

Sorry to hear about your bad time I guess it's going to be trail and error for us all to begin with until our stomachs get used to their new regime!!!

Well done for the weighloss, i've only lost 4lb since it was done. I lost 6lb in the first week and then put 2 on in the second!!! - water i'm guessing. You seem to be flying though.

Pam xx

Noooo most of my weightloss was on my pre op diet. I lost 5lb in post op week 1 and nothing in post op week 2. I think it's normal with the band to not lose too much in the first few weeks post op. Keep focussed on the big picture.

As for food, I've found the easiest things to eat have been porridge, mashed potato with cheese sauce and baked beans (not together, obviously!! lol).

Alice xx

Back