• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any info on how u boost ur PROTEIN

georgina

hi everyone im interested to know how u all take extra protein, ive been reading threads on here and i know everyone is different im just interested, thanx xxx

Hiya :)

Well, I'm vegetarian so I don't eat meat or fish... I eat lots of Quorn (when I feel like it, as sometimes I don't fancy it) and I try to have a poached egg on toast for brekkie.

I also eat tofu and make sure I have milk everyday. I also take cheese and peanut butter for protein.

Maybe a handful of peanuts could be something to add to your diet once in a while? I know Mandy said something about high calorie and low sugar... maybe peanuts fit into that catagory, so you could have them with no probs.

Hope you find a solution that fits around what you can eat :)

x

If you are struggling you can buy protein shakes and bars. These are available from health food shops like Holland and Barrett or GMC - check their websites...

D'oh!!! Oh yeah... I totally forgot about those shakes and bars!!!

I looked into one at Holland and Barratt - they had a deal on it not long ago, it was under a fiver and sounded quite yum :)

x

I try to have protein at every meal, and snack on pistachio's once a day. Also when making anything in a sauce, like curry or bolognaise, I add in a good handful of lentils.

I try to have protein at every meal, and snack on pistachio's once a day. Also when making anything in a sauce, like curry or bolognaise, I add in a good handful of lentils.

Shel, how many nuts do you have? I was thinking to get some but am wary of how many to eat :)

And as for lentils... YUM!!! I make mung dal and just have that with added veggies - talk about a protein boost!!! :D

x

ummmmm probably about 15 pistachios? They're the only nuts I like plain, so they're good :)

Yummy... I think I will be passing Sainsburys tomorrow for more crunchy salad... and a few nuts!!! :D

Ta :)

x

Hiya

Depending on how much extra protein you want .

You can use wieght lifters protein drink mix just mix with water or milk. This will give you the max intake.

OR

Just have milk and add a spoon or two of milk powder

The protein drinks that are ready made can make you dump so be warned as they contain glucose. But you will have no problems with the 2 i mentioned

Mark

Hi,

Just wanted to say about the bodybuilding protein shakes. I had one and never again! Made me feel quite ill! Far too much sugar for me. Just check the sugar content.

There is a website I have got protein shakes from called Avidlite. They do handy ready made cartons which you can take anywhere, saves trying to mix your own when you're out! They are very low in sugar etc, and I can drink them fine.
www.avidlite.co.uk

Anyhoo, take care,

Kel x

this s the part im finding hard! the sight of blended chicken etc! yuk! Been having scrambled egg and cheese though which should give me enough. In a week and a half though i can have mince which should do the trick!

Hiya sara, yep I can handle nuts, find peanuts the best, but have to be careful with the fat content - not that I dump but due to the fact they go down really easily and I could go wild on them!
Also had brazil nuts and pistachio's just remember to chew them to a paste :eek:

Hiya sara, yep I can handle nuts, find peanuts the best, but have to be careful with the fat content - not that I dump but due to the fact they go down really easily and I could go wild on them!
Also had brazil nuts and pistachio's just remember to chew them to a paste :eek:

What about peanut butter ? can we eat that too ;)

and it tastes yum!!! have to say that I dont dump and neither does georgina (lucky sods the pair of us!) so just be careful when trying it the first time, I do not want to be held responsible for a sick day!

Back