• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any musicians about post-op?

Pip1

I play the flute... and am due to return to the rehearsal room very soon..

Any "wind" musicians about ??? Any significant change post-op? More breath? How long did you wait before going back to the fold?

Im 4wks post-op and cant wait to start playing again.

Hi Pip, I play cornet in a brass band. I went back about 6 weeks post op as I was worried about blowing, as you know it comes from the diaphragm which is directly above the stomach. The first rehearsal I felt a bit achy around the tummy but I took it easy and didn't blow too hard or play high notes! Now things are fine, not much different than before the op. I reckon I don't get out of breath as much as before and we did a march on sunday and that was much much better. Still got a bit out of breath but no where near as much as before! I reckon you could go back soon, try your flute out at home forst and see how you go. Good luck!

Hey... pleased to say I went back to band last Weds.... apart from the fact that many of them were so pleased to see me back and couldnt get over the changes in me - had a fab time!

Was knackered after but was out of practice (literally!) but it was great.

but I did think I had more breath and was a lot more alert!

That's great! Glad you went on ok. I am at the point where my band uniform is way too big! And we are off to a contest on Sunday and I can't wait to be able to fit properly in the coach seat!

Back