• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday 6 weeks post op?

Barne

Hi

I have a mid haul flight (to cape verde) booked for 6 weeks after my op (MGB in Belgium). My husband booked this a long time ago as a surprise for me (before I realised my op would be so soon!) and has just told me because he wanted me to be prepared.

I'm desperate to go as it is somewhere I have been dreaming of going for years. Unfortunately he has looked at the options and the dates cant be changed and he wont get any money back if he has to cancel. It's a 5* all inclusive hotel, so was pretty pricey and obviously we don't want to cancel unless we absolutely have to!

Do you think I might be okay for that 6 weeks post op? Is there anything I can do or take to make it easier do you think?

Any advice appreciated!
Thank you :)

x.Nicky.x

Hi

I have a mid haul flight (to cape verde) booked for 6 weeks after my op (MGB in Belgium). My husband booked this a long time ago as a surprise for me (before I realised my op would be so soon!) and has just told me because he wanted me to be prepared.

I'm desperate to go as it is somewhere I have been dreaming of going for years. Unfortunately he has looked at the options and the dates cant be changed and he wont get any money back if he has to cancel. It's a 5* all inclusive hotel, so was pretty pricey and obviously we don't want to cancel unless we absolutely have to!

Do you think I might be okay for that 6 weeks post op? Is there anything I can do or take to make it easier do you think?

Any advice appreciated!
Thank you :)

Sounds amazing would love to go!!!

Yes 100% - as long as everything goes smoothly and your wounds heel fine then I wouldnt worry at all bbe.

Call up and speak with your provider, see what they say xx:icecream::watermelon:

Julia56

Six weeks you should be fine as long as you've had no complications, and any cancellation based on complications may be covered by insurance.

The main thing you need to cater for is having three regular meals a day and at that stage you'll only just be starting to eat normal food. Think about packing food for the journey at least. Also don't be tempted by alcohol, it's way too early and you run the risk of making the surgery a waste of time.

Barne

Thanks so much for your replies! Feeling a little less anxious about it now.

Julia- I don't really drink alcohol anyway so all good on that front! :)