• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any regrets !!!!! anyone wish they didnt do it!!!

sammyc

i have two weeks till my opp and all ive heard is how everyone is so happy after there opp and they wished they did it years ago is there anyone that wishes they didnt have there opp and was more happier before there opp and if they had a choice they wouldnt do it again !!!!!!
im sure everyone thought there opp though before they had it and i know some people will wounder why im asking x

I think most of us have that "buyer's remorse" moment when we wonder what the heck we have done to ourselves. I had that about 2 weeks post op when I was feeling crap. But now, 7 weeks in, even when I get pain after eating, it means I stop eating, and that's great. I prefer it to stuffing my face and being fat so I'm happy I did it. Really!

no regrets whatsoever...I'm 5 weeks post op and feel great :) don't worry, you'll be fine.

i think most people "regret" it for about the first month, then as they feel well and the weight starts coming off they feel it was all worthwhile :) xxx

I dont think you get regrets, but until you are well after your op its difficult to be 100% positive as you have to concentrate on getting better 1st :) xx

I dont think you get regrets, but until you are well after your op its difficult to be 100% positive as you have to concentrate on getting better 1st :) xx
thats what i meant lol :D xxx

im sure i wont guys well i know i wont lol
ive lived with a really nasty guy for 10 years made me feel bad everyday i got fatter and fatter then 3 months ago he left me and after 3 weeks got married to someone else the next day i got my opp date i feel like this is my chance to start my life again i feel like ive been alive but not LIVED for years the only good thing is i have my 2 year old little girl and now im gonna be the mummy i want her to have instead of the one that dont take her swiming or run up the road i wanna be the fun mummy thats out all the time doing new fun things with her and that what this opp will do and as for him lol well i feel i always settled for second best and put up with him coz i didnt think id get anouther guy coz i was so so fat but now i know my life is changing and im gonna rise the bar and find the man of my dreams !!!!!!!! RANT OVER LOL !!!!

And think positive. At least he didn't leave you while you were in hospital having your bypass. That, IMHO takes the biscuit for ratbag of the year award.

i have two weeks till my opp and all ive heard is how everyone is so happy after there opp and they wished they did it years ago is there anyone that wishes they didnt have there opp and was more happier before there opp and if they had a choice they wouldnt do it again !!!!!!
im sure everyone thought there opp though before they had it and i know some people will wounder why im asking x

Not on your nellie, lol :D Never, not for 1 minute even the first 2 weeks when I examined the bottom of the toilet bowl a bit too often due to my meds not agreeing with me ... best thing I have ever done for myself. good luck, sweet :D:D

I did ask what have I done in that first week whilst laid in bed only managing a bit if soup...but who wouldn't then....my body was missing pizza..Chinese..Indian n kebabs lol :) but yes, soon as we get onto solids, weight starts coming off you end up buzzing...! I'm loving this journey...still have bit of a treat day every sat but can't get much down anyway so I hardly run riot but do enjoy the couple of vinos!! Xx

I've never regretted having surgery (sleeve) apart from the first few days post op, which soon passed. My life has completely changed for the better :) :)

In the run up to my sleeve I had the thoughts what the hell am I doing, do I want to put myself through it. Which is Just normal nerves as I have tried everything under the sun to loose weight with no success at keeping it off. Then in the first week struggling with food and recuperating thinking what have I done but these thoughts do pass very quickly and now nearly 3 weeks out I don't regret it one bit. And I can't wait in the summer to enjoy lots of great days out with my daughter and actually enjoy it without feeling knackered before I even get out of the house :) x

From about day 10 to wk 4/5 I did say to hubby wot the hell have I done, my weakness was fizzy pop n I was craving it so bad I regreted it so much I even cried alot!, but there was nothing I could do. I think this is when you realise its not the easy way out like people believe its soo hard and even tho I had read up I dont think I quiet expected it to be as hard as it was. But once you can start to eat proper food none blended thats when I started to enjoy my restriction and at about 8 wks post op I actually sed to hubby why did I not ask bout this yrs ago so u really can go thru all the emotions but it is definately worth it xx

The haedest part I am finding is the liquid diet for the next 2 weeks as I would really like to try and eat something other than soup and drinks.
BUT do I regret having the bypass.................NOT ON YOUR NELLIE

I compare my surgery to having a baby

While you are in the pain of labour, How many women have said "Never again!" and "Why have I put my self through this?"
But when that baby is in your arms it makes all that pain worth while (until the teen years kick in :D )

I had regrets for a few days until I realised it was the only way to be healthier
HTH

oh thanks guys !!!!!!!!
only 12 days now till my opp i just cant wait to start my life getting a bit sick og slimfast now been on it 12 days first week i lost 10lb now ive stayed the same so feel a bit down about that x

Back