• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any revisioners in derby? need advice

becky88

:wave_cry: everyone
I need some help, I had a band privately 2011, lost 5 stones, had complications. Past 2 years the nhs have been filling/defiling to no avail. Bmi now Is 45, and asked my gp to send a letter to Dr Leeder for revision surgery. The surgeon bypassed the letter and went straight into a MDT meeting, when they don't even know why im applying for revision. My restriction when loosing weight was 7.2, since the complications I cant go near 6mm without reflux etc etc. Following the MDT they have sent me a letter saying im not eligible :eek: and they don't even know why im applying because nobody has seen or had anything to do with me at all:break_diet:im so depressed now. Ive read the revision surgery policy which states previous private patients should be refered to weight management. Don't get me wrong if I knw there is a light at the end of the tunnel I would do weight mamagement. But the criteria for surgery in Derby is apparently 50 bmi, therefore irrespective of weight management, they will still say no! :confused::mad: So annoyed, confused and frustrated. Has anyone else had experience with the funding process for Derby :wave_cry:

I'm not in your area but it sounds like for whatever reason they're not happy with some aspects of your referral. It could be the GP letter?

Maybe give PALS a try, here's the details for them in Derby. Good luck xx

London Road Community Hospital Tel: 0800 - 783 - 7691
London Road
Derby
Derbyshire
DE1 2QY

Radbourne Unit Tel: 08000 27 2128
Radbourne Unit
Royal Derby Hospital
Uttoxeter Road
Derby
Derbyshire
DE22 3WQ

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.

Revision

Hi Becky I am new on here I am in a similar situation I have just today been referred for funding for a gastric band repair I have been told I have a 50/50 chance of getting it I am in the Manchester area. Can you tell me where you get the nice guidelines for revisional surgery from as I have spent all night looking for them on line
Many thanks and good luck x

Back