• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens now? Any advice & information appreciated

L Marcelle

Hello everyone.

Im in need of some advice and information.

I went to an appointment at the obesity clinic and saw the dietician and doctor and filled in the questionnaire about my relationship with food. I also had my bloods, blood pressure, height and weight taken.

The dietician said im a good candidate for surgery and we discussed what surgery i would be interested in.

A few weeks later i received a letter about the appointment which i had and what the plan is for me.

On that letter it says that i will undergo 6 months of concurrent tier 3 weight management programme and im awaiting an over night sleep study on the 2nd october.

It doesnt mention a weight loss goal.

Does this mean my tier 3 weight management starts from my last appointment or will i be getting another appointment letting me know when tier 3 weight management will start?

I have a bmi of 52.4
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, sarcoidosis, PCOS, osteoarthritis, delayed lymphatic drainage, and suspected sleep apnea.

Any information will be very much appreciated.

Thank You

In some places with a BMI of over 50 you do six rather than 12 months of tier 3.
The trouble is everywhere does it differently so the only way to be absolutely sure about how it will work for you is to ask your WLS team to clarify that for you. Also I was never given a WLS goal during my time on tier 3 but again they are best placed to answer your questions :)
Good luck!

In some places with a BMI of over 50 you do six rather than 12 months of tier 3.
The trouble is everywhere does it differently so the only way to be absolutely sure about how it will work for you is to ask your WLS team to clarify that for you. Also I was never given a WLS goal during my time on tier 3 but again they are best placed to answer your questions :)
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. When did your tier 3 start? Were you given a start date or did it start from your appointment before they mentioned tier 3?
Im also doing 6 months.

I was meant to do a year because my BMI was about 43 but ended up on tier 3 for about 18 months because I had to rearrange a couple of the appointments and then the provider changed half way through. I ended up doing the hospital seminar after tier 3 in the December, got my date the following April and operated on in May last year. I was told when I started tier 3 it would be about a year if I still wanted to go ahead at the end and they were happy to put me forward. It can depend what extra tests they do during this stage too for example. I was assessed for sleep app for a different reason during this time I was on tier 3 for example so didn't have to wait for that but after I saw the surgeon he refused to go ahead until I'd seen a psychologist because of eating disorders in my past.

I was meant to do a year because my BMI was about 43 but ended up on tier 3 for about 18 months because I had to rearrange a couple of the appointments and then the provider changed half way through. I ended up doing the hospital seminar after tier 3 in the December, got my date the following April and operated on in May last year. I was told when I started tier 3 it would be about a year if I still wanted to go ahead at the end and they were happy to put me forward. It can depend what extra tests they do during this stage too for example. I was assessed for sleep app for a different reason during this time I was on tier 3 for example so didn't have to wait for that but after I saw the surgeon he refused to go ahead until I'd seen a psychologist because of eating disorders in my past.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Back