• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please- bypass in derbyshire

Kennedy12345

Hi can any one help.

I had a gastric band privately a few years ago I think it's safe to say its a failure as my bmi is now 50!! Around six months ago I attempted a band fill but it's turns out the port had flipped and I had to go to a&e at Salford Royal for a full aspiration under X-ray.

In jan I went to my gp as I am really fed up, bmi of 50, band that doesn't work and £5000 lighter since my original op. I asked my gp if they would consider the revision surgery on the nhs or even better a gastric bypass (which I should have got in the first place but decided not to due to the price). My gp agreed that due to my situation she would try to skip the weight management part and wrote a letter the the ccg to ask for funding.

In march I spoke to the ccg who still had not received the letter- I asked my gp to send the letter again and they have now finally got it. I spoke to the ccg today who say that they have spoken to nhs England and say that due to meeting criteria my gp can refer me straight to the surgon. I have two questions

1. Does this mean that I have been approved for funding and what is the process from here?

2. They also said that I can choose is I would like to go to derby or chesterfield hospital. Does anyone have any experience of either of these hospitals to inform my decision.

Sorry long winded I'm new to all this so feel a little lost! Thanks xx

hi there cant help re hospitals sorry but wanted to wish you luck for your journey

Hi can any one help. I had a gastric band privately a few years ago I think it's safe to say its a failure as my bmi is now 50!! Around six months ago I attempted a band fill but it's turns out the port had flipped and I had to go to a&e at Salford Royal for a full aspiration under X-ray. In jan I went to my gp as I am really fed up, bmi of 50, band that doesn't work and £5000 lighter since my original op. I asked my gp if they would consider the revision surgery on the nhs or even better a gastric bypass (which I should have got in the first place but decided not to due to the price). My gp agreed that due to my situation she would try to skip the weight management part and wrote a letter the the ccg to ask for funding. In march I spoke to the ccg who still had not received the letter- I asked my gp to send the letter again and they have now finally got it. I spoke to the ccg today who say that they have spoken to nhs England and say that due to meeting criteria my gp can refer me straight to the surgon. I have two questions 1. Does this mean that I have been approved for funding and what is the process from here? 2. They also said that I can choose is I would like to go to derby or chesterfield hospital. Does anyone have any experience of either of these hospitals to inform my decision. Sorry long winded I'm new to all this so feel a little lost! Thanks xx

Please can any one help xx

Back