• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone been told they've lost 'too much'

Mixman

Guy at work the other day, not seen him for a bit. He's been on Jury Service and Holiday. He say's to me the other day. "Bloomin hell Mick, you're doing fantastic"

Then later in the day says to me "You've lost too much now, you need to start eating more now"

Now he wasn't being nasty, he was genuine. It's not like he's jealous as he's a fairly fit guy and a number of years older.

I did tell him I was still classed as obese. He obviously has not seen me undressed and seen the saggy bits.

Has anyone else been approached as people are worried about them?

I guess because now you can see my cheekbones etc, compared to what I used to be like, it is drastic! Does it just need time for other people to adjust as well as yourself?

I posted on another discussion last night how a couple of women in my Chorus said how I shouldn't lose any more weight and that I was now getting too thin. But it was only the larger ladies who said this, normal sized women don't mention my weight. I think I will know when I get too thin. My weight has gone more from my top half so my face, shoulders, bust and tummy (thank goodness) are all a lot thinner but my legs are still fat legs and that is where I carry my weight. Like you, Mixxie, I am still classed as obese but I feel about right now and I certainly wouldn't want to lose a further half a stone.

I could understand the larger ladies being a little envious perhaps? Not sure.

I'm happy where I am but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want to lose any more.

Last year, if someone said to me, you're only going to get to 15st 3lb, I'd be over the moon. But now, now the 'overweight' bracket is beckoning and the 'Normal' bracket is a target to aim for, I want to be there.

I'm not sure how much of the weight is excess skin and how much is still fatty deposits. My face and arms, apart from the bingo wings you don't see, I'm over the moon with. When I'm 'pumped up' after a ride, you can see my veins and everything. Yes very 'macho' and 'blokeish' I know :)

It's impossible for me to get to a 'normal' weight and a healthy BMI due to the excess skin, excess skin alone can weight up to 3 stone !!!!

I've been told to have a good meal, even though I've still got plenty of weight to lose. If only we can choose where the weight comes off from, i.e not my face and boobies but my bum and thighs !

I get this a lot, people are always on at me to stop. If only they could see my stomach, arse and thighs (they are always well contained in magic knickers!).

I do wish I could stop it coming off my face neck and chest tho.

At the end of the day, we did this for nobody but ourselves, and to get healthy, so the only people whose opinions really matter are us, and our medical team.

Rx

Mixxie, it's not only you blokes who want sticky out veins. I know it's not very feminine, but I love it when I see veins on my hands that were always so podgy before. As I type this, I can see the tendons in my hands, it's sooooooooooo cooooooooooool

Mixxie, it's not only you blokes who want sticky out veins. I know it's not very feminine, but I love it when I see veins on my hands that were always so podgy before. As I type this, I can see the tendons in my hands, it's sooooooooooo cooooooooooool

Gill, that's probably because you are still high on the Amaretto... :p

It is great seeing the "double-takes" from people you haven't seen in a while, but I get even more pleasure from being accepted as almost normal by complete strangers and just melting into the background without the double-take of a different kind. Does the self-confidence a power of good. :D

xxx

I get this from lots of people Mixxy, and I try to politely point out that Im still medically overweight. I guess part of that though is me finding it hard to accept a compliment.

I think when people say these things to us they are well meaning, or are trying to make us happy, but actually I get frustrated. As Rose said, if they could see what lies beneath my magic pants they would certainly think twice about telling me ive lost too much

I to get this all the time esp from my best friend and girlfriend because i hardly eat anything and they are not being unkind i think they dont understand though ive just come back from holiday and had an alcoholic drink on 7 of the 10 days, ate crisps and a few snacks for the first time since the op and still lost 3lbs over the 10 days basically i enjoyed myself and do feel hungrier now more than ever but if i never lost another pound it seriously wouldnt bother me

At my 2 year check last week the surgeon was saying I need to watch I don't lose much more, as he doesn't want to see me back in 6 months medically underweight and struggling. He was saying that because I've lost 111% of my excess weight I have 'overshot the mark'! I pointed out kindly that my BMI is still in the middle of the healthy range, I am in size 10-12 clothes, and that I am not concerned about becoming too skinny as there mark was based on the top end of normal weight.

I think people just say that because they are so shocked at the dramatic change and whilst that change is good they dont always know how to react. I think you have to be a strong person to stick to you goal and not allow use people's comments as an excuse not to keep working at reaching target. Mixman you seem really determined to get to where you want to be, does it really make a difference what others say or think

Unfortunately I'm one of lifes people that does take notice what people say :(

On this occasion though, it doesn't concern me. But I do listen far too much to others in general and let it worry me. It's the reason I won't go swimming at the moment, I am too self concious on what people think and say about my manboobs. I actually felt better swimming when I was much bigger!

The wife thinks Ive lost to much already, and Im a stone off of my target yet. her mate said I look like ive escaped from Stallingrad. LOL :p

I had this a few times lately. Im 10.7 now and want to lose another 7lbs so that I'm comfortably under the 25 bmi bracket. It's mostly from people who knew me when I was large and I guess the change is dramatic. People who I meet now that didn't know me when I was large don't mention that I'm too slim so I think its just the dramatic change. I must admit I'm getting quite irritated at comments from work "have you lost MORE weight", you'll be fading away soon or "you're becoming invisible" (this was from the size 8 office skinny). I think at 10.7 and a size 12 I'm nowhere near fading away but there you go. My body will know when it's had enough as long as I'm a healthy BMI I don't mind.

I have just started my own thread mate on this, as a good friend told me I looked ill today and said that I have lost too much. but FOOK em, coz I feel great.

Well done :)

Back