• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bit worried about bloods after surgery

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
When I was discharged two days ago, the nurse casually mentioned that I would need to have a blood test at my gp's ten days post op. She said one of my blood results was a bit off, but not enough to keep me in hospital.

So this morning I had a phone call from my gp. He wanted to set up an appointment for me to come in for the test. He said it's a liver function test.

I'm worrying now because my gp's surgery have never ever bothered to ring me up before. If I've missed a blood test it's generally just mentioned when I go back in for my prescription.

Are liver problems a common post op complication?
I'm a worry wort lol.

Hi Yorkiegal , I am pre op, but have been told that because of the many years i have taken strong medication i would need a regular liver function test ... as the nurse said its not serious enough to keep you in ,so try not to worry , i think they just make sure all the organs are supporting eachother and working together .... keep positive . let us know how you are when you've had the test? take care xx

thanks Clare. It might be that actually. I already have a 6 monthly test on my liver because of a med I take and I was straight back onto that med the day after surgery.

Hi the GP would have got a letter from the hosp (about 7-10 days after your opp) telling your GP all about your opp. so if the hosp wanted you to have a blood test that would have also been in the letter. please dont worry.xx

My LFT's are always way out. I had to have repeat blood tests at 10days post op. The LFT's were still all over the shop my my GP wasn't worried.

My 6 month blood test still showed wonky levels but nothing too way out. They are being checked again next month!

Me and my GP have decided it's just the way I am! Looking back over the years proves lots of bizarre LFT's and repeat tests left right and centre!

A hospital doctor once told me I had Gilberts Syndrome. It's never been investigated because nothing can be done and it's not major.

Good luck with your next lot of bloods. No panicking allowed, I'm wonky and still ok!!

It can be the drugs in your system that raise ur lft results .... They kept me in for a week with mine only to find out the antibiotic they had given me for my football size infection was causing liver lts to go barmy ... Changed drugs avoid them now hey presto results level of till the next lot xxxx

Back