• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diabetes Post OP

ryanrara

RyanRARA
are the any post oppers out there who suffer with diabetes on an ongoing basis? if so, please inbox me, as I am intrigued to find out more. With me having a fit last week, my constant need too pee and my cravings for everything and anything sugary me and my family think I may have a diabetis issue. Granted all the times my sugar has been checked it has been normal, but these have been on the spotb checks, my doctor has authroised a whole lot of new blood tests which will be taien Tuesday. Bypassers & sugar = lethal combination, hence dumping etc. NOw I very rarely dump, and when I do it's on fat and not sugar, I seem to be able to easily have gramage after gramage of sugar. I have a brain scan MOnday and these blood tests Tuesday so hopefully soon somebody will be able to tell me why I had the fit, why I want so much sugar, etc mean while any post oppers with diabetes please do share

Hi

Remember everyone is different.

I was type 2 before bypass and I am still type 2 post bypass.

Remember bypass does not cure Diabeties it just moves you into diet controlled Diabeties. You still need to ensure your sugar intake is under control. No more than 6grams per meal is about right, IIRC that is.

In my case when I dump through too much sugar I get terrible sweats and none of the other common dumping syndrome symptoms.

I am now back on Metformin and keeping my sugar intake back under control so no more dumping.

Paul

I wonder if you were diabetic all along not just weight related and it's coming to show now I just wanted to wish you well with scan and tests xxx take care and please let us know :)

I also just want to wish you well with your tests and hope that it's nothing serious!! Will keep checking this thread to find out how you got on with the scan and blood tests.. Good luck & try not to worry!! xxx

Best of luck Ryan, hope test come back all clear x

Hiya

Pre-op i was type 2 diabetic on Metformin. I was on the lowest pills, and am now off of them.
However, at my last appointment with the nurse, she explained that I will always be termed as diabetic, whether or not medication is needed. She also pointed out that we are born with a pancreas that has a 'use by' date (similar to women and egg production...) that once we use all our insulin up, thats it...medication.
I know this doesnt answer your questions, but I was hoping to come out of the diabetic category.
My point is, that maybe you were close to 'using up' your insulin anyway, and maybe you are diabetic - you wont know unless you have all the tests etc.
Hope things go well for you.

Watch what your eating limit not only your sugars but carbs too x howd u get on today

are the any post oppers out there who suffer with diabetes on an ongoing basis? if so, please inbox me, as I am intrigued to find out more. With me having a fit last week, my constant need too pee and my cravings for everything and anything sugary me and my family think I may have a diabetis issue. Granted all the times my sugar has been checked it has been normal, but these have been on the spotb checks, my doctor has authroised a whole lot of new blood tests which will be taien Tuesday. Bypassers & sugar = lethal combination, hence dumping etc. NOw I very rarely dump, and when I do it's on fat and not sugar, I seem to be able to easily have gramage after gramage of sugar. I have a brain scan MOnday and these blood tests Tuesday so hopefully soon somebody will be able to tell me why I had the fit, why I want so much sugar, etc mean while any post oppers with diabetes please do share

I've never dumped I struggle even go to toilet taking more and more senna to go to toilet

I've never dumped I struggle even go to toilet taking more and more senna to go to toilet

I'm going try cinnamon herbal tablets to try to stop me craving . About hour a go I had tin of tuna half red pepper with some Spanish onion and I feel empty already

I had similar - I gained a couple of weeks in a row. Now trying slimming world - lost 1.8lbs this week.

I'm going try cinnamon herbal tablets to try to stop me craving . About hour a go I had tin of tuna half red pepper with some Spanish onion and I feel empty already

Try cinnamon tablets I've tried them this week and it stopped me craving biscuits and been on low carb diet since I've lost 10 pound 4 pound in first few days the today i was surprised lost another 6 pounds haven't lost any weight for 12 months but I've been sticking to low card high protein 1100 calories a day very happy

Last edited:
Try cinnamon tablets I've tried them this week and it stopped me craving biscuits and been on low carb diet I've lost 10 pound 4 pound in first few days the today i was surprised lost another 6 pounds haven't lost any weight for 12 months but I've been sticking to low card high protein 1100 calories a day very happy

Back