• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone ever lost feeling of their abdomen skin after banding??!!

sharbear

:wave_cry: So im a bit scared now!

After having my band removed last sunday I havent been able to feel a circle of skin (about the size of a palm) between the 3 incisions on the middle of my stomach :eek:

I called my doc on thrusday, sunday and again today, without him calling me back!! :mad:
After telling the nurse it was an emergancy he called me back today. I told him about the problem and his first reaction was 'oooooaaawww' . . . then he said ' we didnt do anything to that area' ?!! I told him i cant feel anything, hot or cold or barely touch. Again he told me they didnt do anything to that area!! Then he said you have an appointment on wednesday, we can see then :(

Im so angry with the doc now, hes terrible!! :cry:

I told him I wanted to do another ultrasound of the abdomen when I come, and his reaction was 'why?' I said i want to check everythings back to mormal, he said ' no, you dont need that' I said id like to request it then, he said 'why, what do you want it for', I told him the same again, for peace of mind, he told me ' but why do you want it?'.
I feel like hes worried i might discover something :confused:

Im a bit worried about this loss of feeling, I didnt have it when I had the band put in, did anyone have this feeling? Will it go? Im getting worried, its been 8 days now! :wave_cry:

Hi Sharbear

I dont blame you for being worried, I'm no doctor but it may be nerve damage. Other than my band I have had some major abdominal surgery and I have nerve damage in my left thigh, caused by the incision to my abdomen. Its a very odd sensation and sounds like yours.

Hope you find out exactly what it is soon x

Hi Mazza, thanks for replying, can I ask, did the feeling go away? Or is this something I have to live with?
I was thinking it might be nerve damage, I thought maybe my doc would be able to do something if he got it fast enough, thats why I was calling him!! He doesnt seem to even care!!

No unfortunatly I still have the numbness. I was told that it would go away but just over 7 years later its still here. It doesnt cause me any problems really.

I really dont think they can do much about it if the nerves have been damaged though. Still you have a right to know either way!

Maz x

Back