• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling so low. Everything keeps getting delayed further. :(

amysbypass

Feeling quite low after yesterday.
Went to hosp for my cpex only to be told i wasn't having one and con dosn't know why my surgeon said i did????
instead i need to wait a further three weeks to have sleep studies(?).
I am soo annoyed with the damn surgeon. When i originally saw him back in feb he said i should have my surgery in late april!?!?!
now its looking more like july.
I was really hoping for the cpex as then my funding app could have been sent by the end of this week. Then the ball could really start rolling.

Sorry to rant ppl. Just feeling so crap now. Going to see the surgeon may 11th and gonna give him what for because he filled me with so much false hope. :(

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

Are you NHS? If so, there are always delays and cock ups...I didn't know fully what was happening with me till the Friday before the proposed date of surgery the following Tuesday. They rang me back at 5pm to say it was going ahead.

These things happen, the system is understaffed and over stretched and it's not one particular persons fault.

I know you are stressed but don't take it out on the surgeon. Just think in a years time from now, you will be fitter, slimmer and happier.

:):):):)

Big hugs and keep your chin up....

Thanks Cazbandy.
Just feel like the goalposts keep getting further and further away.
:(

It is annoying. You wish they'd get their act together & let you know where you stand.

However, if your sugeon does want a sleep study, there is prob. a good reason and I always like to err on the side of caution. So maybe it'll help to think of it like that...

Hi Amy, you will get there its taking time but it will happen. You need to look at it as a safety net. One more test and then the op, should give you some peace. Don't get stressed as it needs to be done for the op to go ahead. Good luck and think positive xx Gaynor xx

Thanks girls!
Just wish things were moving faster.
The respiratory consulton said he doesn't think i have sleep apnea but as surgeon has requested it then i have to have it. :(

chin up sunshine, There's no reason the sleep test should delay the op, and it's better safe than sorry, and you wont be on a cpap for long if you have!!!

Thanks everyone! I love this place. Its the only place where i can talk non stop and everyone don't mind! :)

Back