• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone from Cornwall?

helenpizzey

I'v just started my journey and wondered if there's anyone else from Cornwall who can talk to me about the process down here, what happens and how long it takes?? Thanks

Yes sweetheart quite a few of us :) always happy to help x x x x I had a band 18 months ago....things have changed a lot since then and times are a lot quicker....there are some girls on here that are also at the start of their journey like you :) they will know the process better these days...........for me it was referral........ appointment with consultant....... series of appointments with dietician and leap active..... then group sessions....... before meeting the surgeon and the team.....took me almost 3 years to get thru but much quicker these days,.....

Many of us from Cornwall have been meeting up for coffee from time to time, keep and eye out for the 'Cornwall coffee time ' thread we're a lovely helpful bunch :)

welcome to a fab friendly site too.....its so helpful and tons of info....... everyone's lovely x x x x x x x

Ah wow I'd love to meet with people in my shoes!! So far iv been referred by my gp and iv got my first appointment with the wls team (diabetic education team) at treliske Sept 30th, I'm hoping and praying its quicker than 3 years now as I'm so oooooh ready! X

Howdy and welcome! I'm in Cornwall and at the beginning of the journey too.

I have had my 1st appointment with Mr Creely, and am now waiting for appointments with the psych team, and a sleep apnoea test, and dietitian, etc! My next appointment with My Creely is 7 months after my 1st appointment (which was in July).

I just want to get on with it now, it's really getting me down, being in so much pain, hating myself, having nothing that fits and no money to buy bigger clothes!!

Oh and I'm supposed to be going to the swimming class at Truro school on a Tues afternoon, but still waiting for the details in the post.

I'm the same, it's starting to become a problem to leave the house and I'm getting more aches and pains! I'm dreading being put on a diet for 6/12 months because if I could diet I wouldn't be going for surgery! I just can't bare thinking of it taking over a year x

Why do you have to go swimming? Is it to prove you exercise?

Mr Creely sent me into see the exercise chap on his team when i had my appt with him, and because I have various health problems (M.E, FMS, etc) he would only have me doing non weight-bearing exercise. So they hold classes for people like us so that we are doing exercise. We have to be seen to comply with all they ask of us, and jump through all their hoops in order to get the surgery unfortunately!

I love swimming so I'll be happy if I'm told to do that but it just seems like such a long process :/

I know! I'm feeling really fed up at the moment. It feels like I just have to put my life on hold until they decide I can have it done. I was told by people on here from Cornwall that it takes about 18 months to get it done! Meanwhile I guess I'll just have to carry on hiding and having no quality of life!

Was also told the waiting list for the psychologist is about a year! Altho they are taking on a second person at the end of the year so they should reduce it a bit.

You might not need to see them though so it may be quicker for you. Depends how your 1st appt goes and what they decide.

I hope you get to do the swimming, would be nice to have someone I "know" there!

Back