• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CORNWALL ANYONE???

djbp98

Wants to crunch
Is anybody from Cornwall or the South West? How has the journey been for you? I'm not too sure what happens next for me, I've been to Endocrinologist who says yes and I don't have to see psychiatrist as I spent a year doing OA, I'm waiting to see the dietician and then hopefully to the surgeon. I dont know at what stage they request funding, before surgeon or after??? Can anyone shed any light on it for me please :confused:

Hi Eggbat, thnks for getting back to me. Where are you having your op and what are you having? Have you gone through the same process as me - gp - pct refusal because gp wouldnt give them extra information - I appealed - Endocrinologist appointment and he said yes - now am waiting for dietician. I first seen GP on 4th Jan 08 so nearly a year.

Im not in your area, just want to wish you luck with your wls journey. Take care
w.gif
e.gif
i.gif
g.gif
h.gif
t.gif
empty.gif
l.gif
o.gif
s.gif
s.gif
empty.gif
h.gif
o.gif
p.gif
e.gif
f.gif
u.gif
l.gif

cornwall

hi i first saw gp in sept07 who refered me to endocrnologist at truro dec 07,then saw psycologist feb08 funding was granted july08 then refered to taunton to weight management team sept08.refered to surgeon and fineally saw him nov26 who agreed that surgury was the right thing.i then had pre op on 9th december08 where i met the anethetist,i was then given date

Hi I am also in Cornwall, seen surgeon in Taunton and awaiting an operation date for bypass-getting a bit frustrated as the journey has been a long one... and the goal posts keep moving.
Eggbat ur op on 19th, in Taunton I assume, what r u having done and where in Cornwall r u?
Djbp98 the process is confused as there have been some problems. Did you see Jonathan Pinkney-endocrinologist? You should be referred to Taunton and see the surgeon, if he decides surgery is the right choice for you then you just wait for the monthly meeting they have for approval and then get an op date. Funding I can't be 100% sure of but I think that is a simple step if the endo/surgeon and dietician think surgery is a good option for you.

Hi Sassy, yes it was Jonathan Pinkney that I saw...what a lovely man. I was expecting a fight on my hands because of the attitude of my GP, but he couldn't have been more supportive (except to give me the money of course! lol). 1 down 2 to go - dietician and surgeon. Getting to see this dietician tho is like getting a letter from God to see the surgeon.....will it ever happen AAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!

hi i live in devon, those of you who travel to taunton would you be able to give me a number to ring them as i have been travelling to cardiff for my fills and its a nightmare, do you know if they would do the fills for me there.

many thanks moe

Back