• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from Enfield / Edmonton

Emz84uk

Hey Everyone,

I'm Emma from Edmonton, North London. I'm awaiting gastric bypass surgery and currently under Dr Sufi at the Whittington Hospital. I'm quite a way through my journey - just awaiting funding and things can start moving.

I'm looking to meet likewise people who have either had or are waiting for similar surgery. I've created a group on facebook for people to join and offer others support and looking to organise regular meetings. Please contact me if you would be interested.

I don't have anyone close to me who is going through this and however much my family try and support me it would be nice to have friends who are going through the same thing.

Hi Emz
and welcome to our wonderful world!!

Not from your area, but just wanted to say Hello:welcome:

Hi Emma, i'm from Enfield and also under Mr Sufi, i have a couple of more tests to do before he asks for funding, There is another girl on here from Enfield, Roch that has had her bypass, She'll possibly be along with loads of info for you...Good luck on your journey hun x Jan

Hi i am Roch and i used to live in Edmonton right by north midd and now live in Enfield, i 2 had Mr Sufi he is fab. How far down the line are u, if u want to chat at any time then pm me, wherebouts in Edmonton are u.
Take care and good luck with ur journey xx

Hiya I'm not from Edmonton.. But I have a friend who is, and she is at the beginning of her journey. She too will be under Mr Sufi.. I will see if she will join here seeing as there seem to be a few from her area x

It's nice to finally make friends with people in the same boat as me who live nearby.

I've basically had all my tests - ECG, fitness test, echocardiogram and sleep study. Luckily for me I am already seeing Dr Robinson (the psychiatrist) so I don't have to wait for that as he was acutally the one that referred me for surgery. Now I'm just waiting on funding and hopefully I will be good to go.

Can someone tell me how to PM on this thing lol - and Roch - how long ago did you have your bypass. Is anyone on facebook - I have a group created on there for us all to get to know each other and share stories etc.

Emz XxX

Hi Emz u have to post 5o times b4 u can send pm`s so the best way to up ur posts is to play the word games and u will soon have 50 posts. I had my bypass 3 months and 1 weeks ago x

Enfiled

hello
Im from edmonton and have had all the test waiting for funding its been months and havent heard anything so I dont know what is going on.

Hi Emma I'm from edmonton too. Nice to see not alone in this. I will be with Mr Sufi have first appointment 2nd Feb and second booked for june. Although I have already got funding agreed by nhs as of 13th jan. Its nice to meet others going through the same process. hope your well, take care and best wishes maria xx

Back