• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone from exeter devon been refered for bypass surgery

annemazriekmxk

hi,i have had my first appointment with a consultant in exeter who said i needed to provide urine samples blood etc( i have done), then i need to lose a stone, which i might add i am finding extrememly difficult, my next appointment is may the 11th( didnt have any spaces earlier)!!! this is all before i see a surgeon or anything does anyone have experience of this area or could tell me what to expect next please:confused:

sorry can not help but some kind person will be along I sure with an answer for u

Hi hun, I'm just over the bridge from you ... Im in Cornwall, but am hoping to have my op in Taunton. My journey so far has been gp referral to PCT Jan 08 (but they said no because he wouldn't give them extra information), I appealed and was sent to see an Edocrinolgist Sept 08, he requested bloods etc and I have just come back from seeing Dietician who was the last link in the chain before going back to PCT for funding, and should hear in about 4-8wks. Apparently the PCT and surgeon like to see you losing weight before the op, on average 10%. Good luck with your journey x

hi djbp98,tina thanks for your reply i have seen the endocrine dr (thing:))and he has asked me to lose a stone,i believe if i get excepted for the op i too will go to taunton, i am just so worried i wont get excepted, i guess like most of us who r considering this step ,its my last way out, do u hold up much hope ?, have you much support my mum keeps sayin you need some one to be around when they say no, so i figure she doesnt want me to do it:eek: thank you again....nd good luck

I know exactly what you mean about it being the last step, and what to do next if it doesn't happen. I am going to shout so very very loud, and appeal and appeal and appeal! I totally meet the nice criteria so will take it to local mp if I have to. He who shouts the loudest and all that......!!!! My partner was against it at the beginning because of going through the surgery and having 2 children....but he's never had a weight problem! He's fine with it now though, and even though he's worried about me having it (hopefully), he knows how much it'll change my life and all of us and is supporting me every step of the way.

isn't it sad that we putting hope in a total bunch of strangers( no offence intended) i have 4 children and a husband, who i am not sure really wants me to do it, my dr said in the end there is only one person you need to do it for.
i also meet thr criteria for the nice guidelines and at my last appointment the consultant said i am showing signs of skin pigmentation, which apparently is an early indication of diabetes,
Are you havin to lose weight now, i am i have to lose a stone by the 11th may and christ am i finding that really difficult, funny thing is i started well and lost 9lb in the first week, but for some reason i now cant do it, i am gonna try slim fast (somethings gotta help me crack it)
Its times like this that i wish i was a millionaire :) keep me up to date with ya progress, its nice finding some one almost near me take care , annemariexx

Back