• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone from oldham

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
hello ladies,

i was just wondering if anyone is from oldham and if u have had a band/bypass, i know oldham is awaitin info, just wondered if u had it done in manchester, because oldham is awaitin x

thank u x

Last edited:
Hi Hopin4Surgery,

I'm not from Oldham but pretty nearby in Manchester. The little I've picked up is that a lot of NHS trusts in North West England have contracted Salford Royal Hospital for bariatric surgery services. I suspect Oldham might be one of those. If I remember correctly, there is at least one Oldhamian (is that what you are called;)) who had an NHS funded gastric bypass at Salford Royal.

Hi Hopin4Surgery,

I'm not from Oldham but pretty nearby in Manchester. The little I've picked up is that a lot of NHS trusts in North West England have contracted Salford Royal Hospital for bariatric surgery services. I suspect Oldham might be one of those. If I remember correctly, there is at least one Oldhamian (is that what you are called;)) who had an NHS funded gastric bypass at Salford Royal.

lol yes that what we get called :D
thank u all very much, that does answer my question xx

hi sorry cant help with your question but welcome to Mini's and good luck on your wls journey :)

I know two people from Oldham that had their surgeries at Salford Royal, Bendybubbles (Wendy) & Dazali (Allie) but they haven't posted in ages. It is a safe guess that you would be sent to Salford Royal. I had my surgery there back in October with the lovely Dr. Ammori and I can't say enough good things about the staff & hospital.

Best of luck to you,
Nic:D

Hiya

I'm from Ashton and my first appointment was at Tameside Hospital. I have been referred to Salford Royal and I am currently waiting for my surgery date with Mr Ammori.

Kay

thank u that makes me feel better, cause it sed oldham awaiting thought id had no chance.

could u please tell me what requirements u had to meet ie ur bmi. mine is currently 55 or 56 xx

Back