• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Support meeting at Hope!!!!! aka Salford

helen144

Hello all

Just been reading about a support group at Salford Royal , im due to have my bypass there hopefully soon as im seeing mr ammori on thursday so will get my op date then, i also read that theres a few people on here from Oldham i work at ROH so im there often would be nice to get in touch with people who live me also and obviously maybe we could attend groups together and stuff.

So anyone who knows about these groups please get in touch cos I would definately like to come along and also maybe meet people who live near me I live near Ashton under lyne

Thanks

Helen
xxxxxx

hi helan i attend the support group at hope and only live in bolton so not a million miles away. Grom,lesleyweb,bendybubbles, phatgirl and ? OMG im having a senior moment are all close by as well so maybe we could all get together one eve to meet up 2nd and 4th wed of the month are best for me after 7pm or during the day other than that the last weekend of the month.
Another surgestion for meeting up and getting fit at the same time is aqua fit on a thursday eve at bury.
hopefully the others will b along soon. good luck with yr appointment you are in good hands at salford and with mr A

Ay hun just thought id bob in and say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii lol as u can see im posting away lol

You tc XxXx

hi helen...u r in good hands with mr a...im 7 weeks post op and feel gr8....not long now and ur journey will beginxx

Helen, PG and I are planning a day at Lowry Outlet Mall soon, if you fancy it. I'm sure HC will be coming along too ;)

Hi Helen, best of luck with your consultation with Mr Ammori, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer and trust me it will be worth the wait in the end.

I had bypass surgery myself with Mr Ammori 4 weeks ago and I am well on the way towards having a more normal life already, he is a great surgeon with a brilliant trackrecord so you are in very good hands. I know that won't stop you worrying, it never does for anyone but it will help reassure a bit and maybe moreso for your family.

Anyway, the very very best of luck to you, let us know how the support group goes as well, I was forced to go private for my surgery and the one thing you don't get is any real aftercare beyond the sheduled checkups. Without this forum I think I might be need therapy as so much has changed in the last 6 weeks I can barely keep up so a regular support group would a great help for many of us in the Greater Manchester area, we all need someone to talk to at times and there is no one better to talk to than someone who has already been through the same things you are experiencing.

Back