• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass surgery

Dianne2607

Hi,
Can anyone help? I am looking into going to my GP for a referral for a gastric banding and wondered if anyone knew who was the best to be referred to. I live in Oldham, and have initially been told that there is a surgeon at hope that is brilliant. Can anyone else shed any light, esp with relation to funding too

hello, i live in oldham too yeah someone from were i am lol. my gp asked me if i want to b referred for the surgery, you just ask ur gp and he will send u for a referral, if u can try and get the spire hospital as it has a much shorter waiting list that hope hospital, but i think u get to chose which hospital, and i could have gone spire or salford but my doctor sent me to spire. good luck xxxx also check the bospa website to see if u match the critera xx

The surgeon at spire and hope is Mr Ammori, who has quite a following on here. He is not a huge fan of bands though, and prefers to do bypass, but will be able to talk to you about which is the best option for you.

im having my bypass on the 19th at hope with mr ammori and with all the wonderfull coments ive read on here and talking to people he has operatd on i feel so confident that i couldnt be in better hands. the team at hope are great but the wating list can be quite lon . ive been wating 12 months but some people have not been so long good luck in were you decide..............kath x

Back