• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from south east, london area

Cheekygirl80

Hi everyone,
Have been reading all your post for about a year now and find them all so motivating and encouraging.

I myself have just got my funding....yippee!!
I have today received a list of hospitals I can chose from and have no idea what to do from here :-/

A friend has told me charing cross hospital is fab, but how do I find out about waiting lists and also what else should I look for when choosing a hospital?????

Help please
Xxxxxxx

hi love and so glad to hear tour on your journey,,,,x,,,,,everyone will tell you how good their hospital is, i think we get kind of protective of our surgeons, lol,im at chelsea and westminster and from referral to op is a year for me,been a great journey ,with the ups and downs that everyone has on the way , never hear much on here about c&w,which is a shame as its has an amazinly friendly,helpful,caring open bariatric dept which always return my calls and emails and are very eager to help , im sure who ever you choose your journey will be worth while so good luck ,and i hope your journey is a rewarding and safe one xx

Might be worth phoning all the hospitals on the list and asking what their waiting times are like. A friend of mine got her bypass at Chelsea and Westminster within a month of getting funding.

Good luck and congrats on your funding:)

Thanks guys, Starr have u had your op yet? I can't stop thinking about it ALL the time. It's so good to be able to hear everyone else's story in here too

Xxx

hi love ,no i have mine next wednesday ,,,, cant wait , i know how you feel ,it takes over your every thought , but you have to live your life while your waiting or it becomes a nightmare , x im on my pre op liver diet ,,my dogs starting to look tasty lol xxxxxxx

no,funny enough,i cant wait ,,my grown up kids and hubby are more scared than me,i know this is the only way i can get my life back,so no need to be scared,i love them all so much though and hate seeing them worried,just want to be the best nan and mum and wife that i can be and this is the tool that can help me ,its not about looks or buying smaller clothes for me ,its pure health wise ,but im sure il enjoy creating a "new look" on a slimmer starr!,hopefully! lol,,and good luck to you too x

I think that is often the way, it's harder for everyone else around you that love you. Well cannot wait to hear all about it xoxo

Hi Cheekygirl,
I am from south east London area and have first appointment at St.Thomas' this Friday morning, I haven't a clue how this all works as I have been referred for surgery from another consultant at Guys....haven't done it from GP.

I am , literally, holding my breath till friday morning as I don't know what to expect or how long I may have to wait.
I have prepared myself to be disappointed...it can only get better from that point !:rolleyes:

Hi Cheekygirl :)

I am under St Georges in Tooting and it is one of the slowest hospitals, i think its around 18 month wait for operation from when you go to 1st group meeting...
Good luck on your choice

Nicky xx

Hi Cheekygirl,

I am from London (North London) and am due to have my surgery at UCH next Wednesday - providing this cold clears up!

The staff are lovely there and I have heard from many people that the surgeons are first class etc - hence one of the reason I chose this hospital.

I must admit though, I have been waiting for ages for the operation day to arrive and that is not normal at this hospital, but I was just one of the unfortunate ones where appointments etc got missed etc.

Good luck on your journey - whatever hospital you decide!

x

I'm from London/Surrey border and hav moved trusts a bit. Started off at Ashford & St Peters then, as the agreed procedure for me is a gastric sleeve, I was transferred to St Georges in Tooting and told I would wait minimum 18-24 weeks once on the waiting list - but it took them 8 weeks to take my case to MDT and they didn't seem in any hurry to deal with patients who aren't direct referrals (or that was my experience anyway!)

Now I'm back with Ashford & St Peters as they've started a full service and are building a new dedicated unit which should be open in about 5-6 weeks! In a way I'm glad to be back at my local hospital as it will be easier to get to and the wait is nothing like at Tooting!

Tatiana

Hi Cheekeygirl,

Yes, it could be soon (last time it would have been 5 weeks on the list) but, so far, my journey has taken almost 2 years!

Tatiana

Back