• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there

Damselfly

Hi everyone, I'm new today. I'm in East London.
I'm pre-op and must be one of the most reluctant customers ever.
I have quite a few concerns and questions and didn't find the hospital doctor very easy to talk to so am hoping to learn some stuff here from your experiences.

Hi Damesfly
Welcome what procedure are you hoping to have and where? Sure you'll get plenty of help and answers on here
Why are you reluctant? Xx

Hello and welcome to the mad house! There's loads of information and great advice on here so whichever op you're going for you're sure to find the info you need.

Keep us up to date with your progress! :) x

hello newbie and a very warm welcome to our club!
sorry to hear of your experience at the unnamed hospital
maybe you can speak with a different doctor? please don't let this put you off trying to change your life
I had my bypass at Homerton and they were lovely to me and still are 16 months later
I wish you good luck

Hi Damselfly,

I'm new too, from the other side of London and at the Whittington (for a sleeve, toes crossed!) I found that my GP was easier to chat through things with as she knows me far better than the surgeon.

Also, this forum and its peoples are have so much experience and knowledge that almost every question I had has been answered just by reading (especially diaries).

Hope things seem clearer for you soon.
Francesca

(Hope this lands in the right place!)

Hi and thanks for the responses.
it's the Homerton and I haven't been made an offer yet but said I prefer a band as it seems less invasive.

Reluctance - here goes...

• A sense of loss of control over my body. Complicated and emotion-bound this one - a feeling of relinquishing an important area of control
  • A fear that all the good dietary habits I have embedded with slimming world (I've lost 30lb since March) will be unlearned because I won't be able to digest so much fruit and veg
  • The possibility of not losing any more than I could with slimming world
  • A fear that social meals (not that I do them often) will become something I can't do - I have no idea re diet post "mashed"
  • I'm coeliac too....
  • Lack of relationship with a surgeon I really didn't like
  • Possibility of complications
I haven't managed to make contact with the patient support group - the dates I have went up to December and the phone number never answers

(Hope this lands in the right place!)

Hi and thanks for the responses.
it's the Homerton and I haven't been made an offer yet but said I prefer a band as it seems less invasive.

Reluctance - here goes...

• A sense of loss of control over my body. Complicated and emotion-bound this one - a feeling of relinquishing an important area of control
  • A fear that all the good dietary habits I have embedded with slimming world (I've lost 30lb since March) will be unlearned because I won't be able to digest so much fruit and veg
  • The possibility of not losing any more than I could with slimming world
  • A fear that social meals (not that I do them often) will become something I can't do - I have no idea re diet post "mashed"
  • I'm coeliac too....
  • Lack of relationship with a surgeon I really didn't like
  • Possibility of complications
I haven't managed to make contact with the patient support group - the dates I have went up to December and the phone number never answers

Thanks for all the messages, I posted this over the weekend but for some reason it didn't post.
I'm at the Homerton. Oh and I'm a coeliac too

ok reservations...
A sense of losing control over my body, kinda like a failure but not in the obvious sense....more things slipping away from me.
A fear that I will permanently change my body, possibly harm it for minimal return - I'm doing quite well on diet atm (30lb off since March) but diets were pooh-poohed by the doctor at my visit (the beginning of the appointment going downhill)
A fear that I will lose the good dietary habits I've formed over the last 9 months as I won't be able to cope with a high fruit & veg diet.
Worry that social eating will be a thing of the past - mealtimes won't be normal again.

I think that's most of it. I had a pretty awful Doctor interview - so bad I'm thinking of asking for it to be re-done with another Doctor and tried phoning today.
I need to get to the patient group but don't have dates after December 2015 - and the phone line never gets answered

Back