• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from Tameside and Glossop PCT?

SophieV

Hello, just wondering if anyone is from the Tameside and Glossop PCT and has either been through surgery or is at any stage of their weight loss journey? Had an appointment with my GP today and I was told that I had to be referred to a weight clinic in Salford. She said that as my BMI is 40.9 she couldn't refer me directly even though the Tameside and Glossop PCT state their criteria for referral is to meet NICE guidelines, which states that having a BMI over 40 is acceptable. Has anyone else had similar? Bit disappointed as I was hoping to get the ball rolling... Thanks xx

Yeah i'me from Dukinfield and i was given funding within a week though i had been on various weight clinics etc and my bmi was over 50, good luck.

You've had an amazing journey. Well done you!!!! Where did you have your surgery? Did you go to the Salford clinic? How long was the waiting list? Sorry so many questions. My GP said I should hear from them with in 3 weeks. Hope she's right xx

That's pretty quick isn't it? What do they do the sleep apnea test for? I mean I know why they do it but does it mean you can't have surgery if you don't have sleep apnea? Sorry to keep hassling you with questions x

Hi Sophie
I'm a local girl and have just submitted a thread today but I think Ian is a minor celebrity and is lotssss more knowledgeable than me . Good luck anyhow - I't lovely on here,

Hahahaha i dont think so.

Just out of curiosity would you recommend the surgeon who operated on you, does he have a good reputation and does he do private work ?
Sorry for host of questions ( but I could otherwise hung around Morissons hoping to catch you shopping :8855: )

I do shop at Morrissons, with regards to Mr Ammori in my opinion he is the best surgeon, the way he operates is different to other surgeons but if you look through the forum you can see from everybody who has been operated by him that he is the best, i had my gallbladder taken out by him and again no complications no problems etc, he is a man who puts you at ease and i had NO DOUBT with him the bypass would be a success so all in all i owe him my life back.

I am from Tameside and my funding was applied for in mid April and granted in May. First appointment at Salford at the beginning of July and pre-op yesterday. Operation should be towards end of October. All gone very quickly - which has shocked me a bit, but I did have a BMI of 50 to start with.

Good luck with your journey x

Back