• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone gain weight before first fill?

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi guys,

I am 8 weeks coming up post op and I lost a stone on the pre op and have lost about another stone since the op but I have my first fill next thurs and from my appointment a month ago I now have gained a couple of pounds :cry: I have absolutely no restriction and at the moment im thinking was it worth my money im feeling so down. x

Honestly dont fret! Once you get the restriction level right (might take a bit of time, i know it did with me) the weight will start coming off in a more regular fashion. They didnt tell me about this bit pre op so I was so down and annoyed that I wasnt losing/gaining. It will get better you just have to trust the band (i know its difficult when you feel like your not losing).
Have you done some measurements? Maybe youve lost inches and gained muscle which is the reason for the small gain?
x

Lol i wish i cud say its muscle, its just the ridiculous amount of food i can eat :( I have 0 restriction not 1 teeny tiny bit i feel exactly same, just will power has helped me not to gain the whole 2 stone lol x

Its so hard. Before my first fill I could eat a whole subway and a packet of crisps. It was only mad exercise that stopped me putting weight back on :( but it all changes after fill, you'll struggle to eat a baby plateful. x

Pink Daisy heard this time and time again. Its really dishearting waiting for the right fills!
I like yourself am waiting, no saline in my band after 5 weeks i am going on solids,or eating normally, from tommorow.
I to hope its not my normal,normal if you know what i mean.
My first fill is not till 23 November so i also will have to use lots of willpower............
Like Bex says we have to trust the band, in a couple of months time we will be saying its too restrictive, ( i hope)

try your best good luck with the fill and keep on posting daily so you dont get too disheartened. Take care Mia

Don't panic! After the first fill you will know that it wasn't a waste of time/money. Remember that at the moment your band is empty, the difference after the fill is quite amazing. Good luck x

thanks guys its so kind of u all to reply, cudnt have done these 8 weeks without you all! x

Hi Verity

I thought your fill was today...must have dates mixed up :confused:

don't worry about a couple of pounds it'll come off quickly :)

went for my first fill in the clinic today and they couldn't do it...my port has flipped again, not sure why or what has caused it to happen as I've been so careful since I had my port replaced in July...I've not had the best experience since banding was done, but hopefully it'll get sorted :rolleyes:

Hi hun, my fill shud have been today but they called to say the nurse has bronchitis so im seeing her next week instead, wish it would just hurry up x

Hi Verity, hope you had a fab holiday, great to see you back on here posting. I'm feeling exactly like you, I had my op 4wks ago and am desperate for my fill. I go up 2lb I lose 2lb, it's like the yo-yo effect again :banghead: Let's just stick with it girl, we know it's not forever :fingerscrossed:

Back