• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is the difference in restriction pre-fill and post fill ????????????

loughpet

Hi,

Can any banders tell me what the difference is in restriction pre- fill and post fill .

I had my op last Thurs feeling good now have a certain amount of restriction but not huge.

What will happen when I have my fill ? I would rather lose the 2stone or so that I have to lose slowly and not over restriction.

How did you all feel pre-fill and post-fill .

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

Can any banders tell me what the difference is in restriction pre- fill and post fill .

once you have healed and settled down after your op you will be able to eat more you will be like this till you get a fill post fill will stop you eating as much of a big sized portion this is the difference.

I had my op last Thurs feeling good now have a certain amount of restriction but not huge.

this is normal as your band will be empty and once the swelling has gone down restriction will be next to nothing.

What will happen when I have my fill ? I would rather lose the 2stone or so that I have to lose slowly and not over restriction.

depending on the size of the band you have will determine how much they will put in during your 1st fill, being too slack just wont work and weight loss just wont happen as the band wont restrict your food intake, too tight is also also not good, it can take a few fills to get to the correct restriction level or the sweet spot as may of heard it being called.

How did you all feel pre-fill and post-fill .

for me getting a fill is easy its no more than a sharp scratch and some times cant be felt at all, please try not to worry, you will fine.

Many thanks in advance

I hope my answers have helped a little x

Hi Loughpet

I have a 10 mil band with nothing in it. When I had my op I too felt a restriction but the surgeon told me that they don't notmally fill your band and your insides will take 12 weeks to heal. The first fill will be 4 mil and I have been told that even when I drink it will take me a long time for this to go through. However, my port valve has flipped so they cannot fill my band and I have to have another op to put this right, he said he would fill my band at the same time. So at the moment I am eating more, but not nearly as much as before.

Nicky

Back