• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had surgery at king college/guys and st Thomas? Post covid?

Wytch

I've been referred for wls at guys and st Thomas. Im a little confused. So thanks to covid thibgs have changed and i know its a long wait for the NHS. I did the online session with the dietitians and psychologist as group session. Got a f2f at the hospital recently were they did the bmi, bloods medical history and talk to the dietitian. It was the endocrinology and diabetes clinic. They said i don't have to complete tier 3 as ive done tge equivalent before seeing them. My bmi is 57 so they said it would straight to surgical options. Got sent the copy of the letter they send to your gp with all the blood results and medical and Kings obesity score on and at the bottom it says

Outcome - attended f2f, discharge, bariatric mdt

Does that mean its going to the surgeons to consider or that i didn't meet the criteria and have been discharged altogether etc etc. That 1 line in the whole thing is bugging me beyond belief. Anyone got any insight into their process or had similar and what was your outcome?

Would love to hear about the process they use now post covid. Anyone in Kent at a similar stage?

The online session was a year ago 2021. The f2f was in June 2022. Ive had no information other then that and no contact details. As covid put everything online i wasn't sent the information packs from the online session.

Back