• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone had their bypass passed 3 years or longer?

fatidol

FATIDOL
Hi I am intrested in hearing from long term bypassers how things have been over the long duration and any regrets, problems, etc. I am days away from my op and are still seeking what info i can covering all areas:eek:

Regards

Fatidol

Hi,

I'm coming up to 2 years, can't think of any regular members who are longer term then me sorry. I'm maintaining a healthy BMI and have had a baby as well.

Thanks for your reply, my main concern was that not many people who had long term op's had not wrote on the forum, your reply has given me encouragement thankyou

I think that as you get further out you need less support for yourself, but also get a bit jaded from answering the same questions over and over again. The FAQ section was set up to try and help with that, but most people don't use it or search for answers, instead just post a new thread. I was very active for a long time, and still pop on now and then to check in and see how people are doing, but no way near as much as previous.

Some of the members who were around when I joined have built up very active social lives or met new partners and stopped posting for that reason. A lot of us shut ourselves away when we are big and with the new confidence we get post op become social butterflies!

Unfortunately, there are also those who don't reach goal, and often when that is because of self sabotage or failing to follow the basic rules, then they avoid places like this out of denial.

Back