• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had WLS in Stockport??

grom

Slim for 2009
I have a friend who is looking for info on WLS in Stockport. She was originally referred onto a programme that the PCT ran in conjunction with the Alex but her GP says the funding has now been pulled for this. The GP seems very inexperienced as fas as WLS is concerned and my friend doesn't know what to do! Any help much appreciated.

I'me from Dukinfield and my GP who has been brilliant is from Ashton-Under-Lyne referred me to Salford Royal it used to be Hope,i think apart from Macclesfield thats the closest certainly for NHS,hope this helps a little.

If you mean NHS funded then that was the only one available through Stockport PCT. SOrry to hear its been ended. I went down that route only to discover I had to lose 4 st before I'd be considered!!!! What a load of bollox eh? If I could drop 4 st, I wouldnt need a damn bypass!!! In terms of private companies, 'Surgicare' do bypass at The Alex, so do 'Healthier Weight' who I went with. The Alex also have their own in house weight loss surgery packages. Then only a short distance away there is The Spire (ex Bupa) who offer it in Manchester.

thanks both - she is looking for NHS referral and she comes under Stockport and Tameside PCT

I'me from Dukinfield and my GP who has been brilliant is from Ashton-Under-Lyne referred me to Salford Royal it used to be Hope,i think apart from Macclesfield thats the closest certainly for NHS,hope this helps a little.

Thanks very much! Her GP doesn't seem to know how to go about it! Will you get funded by NHS? Any further info gratefully received!

wow that's great! Do you know if the same rules apply to Stockport? I think they are all the same PCT aren't they?

Back