• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone help!

poo bear

Hi ,can anyone help! I was referred by my GP May 2009 to the pct but did'nt hear anything for 6 months ,when they came back to us they said i had to go to a dietician for 6 months. I finished seeing her at the end of May, so i went back to my GP who has written to the team again but am still waiting to see if i have funding that was 8 weeks ago .How long should i have to wait to see if i meet the criteira now! I don't know how all this works as i have never been told the procedure of wls and my GP was'nt up on it really ,not that he has'nt been fantastic. I live in east Kent !:wave_cry:

Im not sure if your area is different than mine,(Manchester) but I rang the PCT direct and asked them about my funding. The lady I spoke to was lovely. Maybe worth a try, better than sitting and waiting, it seems like for ever and 8 weeks sounds like it is long enough to wait to me :D Hope this helps, good luck x

mine took about 3/ 4 months hunx

PCT's vary from area from what i've read here. I know people who've had a decision within a week... Ring your pct, ask your gp if you're unsure who to ring xx

Hi ,can anyone help! I was referred by my GP May 2009 to the pct but did'nt hear anything for 6 months ,when they came back to us they said i had to go to a dietician for 6 months. I finished seeing her at the end of May, so i went back to my GP who has written to the team again but am still waiting to see if i have funding that was 8 weeks ago .How long should i have to wait to see if i meet the criteira now! I don't know how all this works as i have never been told the procedure of wls and my GP was'nt up on it really ,not that he has'nt been fantastic. I live in east Kent !:wave_cry:
Officialy the quoted time to see if u meet the critiria for funding is 26 weeks
That is the offical maximum time for a reply from date of receipt of your doctors
full referal to your reply that's according to the nhs obesity guidelines published by
in the general health care council papers of advise !! Hope this helps gav

Back