• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP GUYS PLEASE!

wannabeyummi

Hi all tomo I will be 4weeks post op. I'm feeling utterly deflated :( since 1week b4 surgery up until last week I'd lost a stone...I weighed myself yest and I put on 3lbs!!!!
I feel like such a failure :'( I've been as good as I can be with eating ... My nan is in a hospice dying on the other side of London so I've been busy driving etc as well as everything else & my sis was taken to Hosp last week and is set to be there all week (kidney probs) , I've not had time to exercise properly but was told only walking no swimming it gym till 6 weeks. I always try and eat protein first. I try and drink as much as poss but fluids is hard and water really hurts my pouch. I feel like I've done all this for nothing :(
I'm hating myself right now for going thru something so drastic and still failing! Pls help any advice or anyone who had had the same thing happen pls comment. I feel so alone in this and most of my fam have been good but some are like "don't u feel stupid 4 putting urself thru surgery &it didn't work" ... Sadly those are the comments that stand out. I felt so down I've even started smoking again :'( I'm so disappointed in me for being so weak but I don't know how to get the weight moving. Xxx

Hi all tomo I will be 4weeks post op. I'm feeling utterly deflated :( since 1week b4 surgery up until last week I'd lost a stone...I weighed myself yest and I put on 3lbs!!!!
I feel like such a failure :'( I've been as good as I can be with eating ... My nan is in a hospice dying on the other side of London so I've been busy driving etc as well as everything else & my sis was taken to Hosp last week and is set to be there all week (kidney probs) , I've not had time to exercise properly but was told only walking no swimming it gym till 6 weeks. I always try and eat protein first. I try and drink as much as poss but fluids is hard and water really hurts my pouch. I feel like I've done all this for nothing :(
I'm hating myself right now for going thru something so drastic and still failing! Pls help any advice or anyone who had had the same thing happen pls comment. I feel so alone in this and most of my fam have been good but some are like "don't u feel stupid 4 putting urself thru surgery &it didn't work" ... Sadly those are the comments that stand out. I felt so down I've even started smoking again :'( I'm so disappointed in me for being so weak but I don't know how to get the weight moving. Xxx

((((Hugs))))) You are really going through a tough time. I'm now a little over 4wks out too and the weight is only now just restarting its progress downwards also its too early yet for you to "fail" unless you are not sticking to your dieticians plan. You say you are not drinking enough. This is paramount for you to lose hun so you must tackle that issue first. Secondly can you give folks an example of what it is you are eating over a day so they can see if or where you are maybe going wrong. Hopefully folks will be able to advise you so that you can give the finger to those who are smugly telling you that you are already a failure ;) x

((((Hugs))))) You are really going through a tough time. I'm now a little over 4wks out too and the weight is only now just restarting its progress downwards also its too early yet for you to "fail" unless you are not sticking to your dieticians plan. You say you are not drinking enough. This is paramount for you to lose hun so you must tackle that issue first. Secondly can you give folks an example of what it is you are eating over a day so they can see if or where you are maybe going wrong. Hopefully folks will be able to advise you so that you can give the finger to those who are smugly telling you that you are already a failure ;) x

Thanks hun I've been following ur progress and you've done sooooo well x
I'm on the mush stage now.... So yest I had scrambled egg and beans for brekkie.
Weight watchers tuna in tom sauce ( the little can)
Dinner was Salmon in tom sauce and mash.
All eaten on my 2yr olds Minnie mouse plate plate and not all finished.
Dietician was a bit stuck as to what to suggest as protein snack as I can't handle dairy at the moment. But yest i didn't go to hospice so I had 3meals.
On a hospice day I'll try and have a breakfast of fruit. Then lunch has been a bit hit and miss... If I rem to pack me something it's usually a ww tuna tin. Or I will have a slice of ham.
Dinner can b late on a hospice day to by the time I get in I'm past hungry and feel sick.
I can drink tea and nas juice but I'm getting sick of it so need to think of new drinks. I can only get thru approx 2.5 bottle's a day...not the big ones :( it hurts to drink. I don't know what to do. My period is due now so that's not helping with the mood lol. Thank u for replying hun x

if your period is due it may also account for your slight gain - can naturally gain about 5lbs at this time and also weight can naturally fluctuate up to around 5lbs in a day - don't panic, don't be hard on yourself but also try to look at a bigger picture ....weighing less regularly can help with this too :)

Now listen here Misses
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE....YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!!!!!

You have so much on your plate right now its no wonder you're feeling low...although its difficult you have really got to give yourself a bit more loving. You have just been through a major operation and are still healing.

Firstly get those bl**dy scales somewhere that you cant keep jumping on and off them, next get that small bottle of water or whatever you can tolerate and keep it firmly in your hand. If you don't drink you WILL become dehydrated and that will not do at all.

Your listed food intake, though good, doesn't seem to be enough particularly on "hospice days" you should be having something as often as every 2 hours just to keep your body ticking over.

Its important that you don't push yourself into any heavy sort of exercise for another couple of weeks as you just haven't finished healing yet. We easily forget that they';ve done an awful lot of stuff inside because our little keyhole nicks are almost healed. When you go to the hospice park a couple of spaces further away from the door, use the stairs instead of lifts....these are the sort of baby steps you need to take right now.

Give yourself a break and goes easy on yourself.

Follow the plan and you will succeed...I PROMISE.

I look forward to seeing your great success and progress over the next few months...it will happen

Take Care:)

You are 4 weeks out! You are not failing at anything! This is change for life, not another crash diet. Some days the scales go up, its natural. There are things in your life right now that are upsetting you. Best thing to do is try and let go of your negative thoughts about yourself, its not helpful - oh and its not true!

Now listen here Misses
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE....YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!!!!!

You have so much on your plate right now its no wonder you're feeling low...although its difficult you have really got to give yourself a bit more loving. You have just been through a major operation and are still healing.

Firstly get those bl**dy scales somewhere that you cant keep jumping on and off them, next get that small bottle of water or whatever you can tolerate and keep it firmly in your hand. If you don't drink you WILL become dehydrated and that will not do at all.

Your listed food intake, though good, doesn't seem to be enough particularly on "hospice days" you should be having something as often as every 2 hours just to keep your body ticking over.

Its important that you don't push yourself into any heavy sort of exercise for another couple of weeks as you just haven't finished healing yet. We easily forget that they';ve done an awful lot of stuff inside because our little keyhole nicks are almost healed. When you go to the hospice park a couple of spaces further away from the door, use the stairs instead of lifts....these are the sort of baby steps you need to take right now.

Give yourself a break and goes easy on yourself.

Follow the plan and you will succeed...I PROMISE.

I look forward to seeing your great success and progress over the next few months...it will happen

Take Care:)

Lol thank u so much Sarah ur right I haven't been taking care of myself at all...I even forget to take my vits everyday!
I will try making meal plans and eat at better times.. Can anyone suggest foods I should be eating every 2 hrs seems a lot but then I rem I can't eat the amount I used to...also different drinks I could try?
Sarah scales are hidden :) x

Top kat thank u hun I will wait for period to pass and hopefully things will start moving again. X
Thank u lovelies!
Xxx

Hi,
Saw this thread and had to come and kick ur bum!

(Sorry if I repeat what others have said I haven't read all the comments)

Firstly u are 4 weeks out! U can't possibly fail in only 4 weeks woman! Most diaries u read and people u speak to will tell u there losses stalled and have gained in the early days I know mine did I can remember gaining and thinking whats happening! By the sounds of it ur going through a stressful time at the moment so don't be hard on urself I bet before ur op u would have turned to food as a comfort through times like this so no ur not failing at all. U sound to me like ur doing everything right just make sure u eat regularly and let ur op do the rest! Don't listen to any negative comments people say they clearly think wls works over night. As for starting smoking again don't beat urself up about it hun u can and will quit again! I believe in u! Xx

Okay so you had a gain in your fourth week. I had one in my third. It didn't make me fail and it won't make you fail.
Secondly, if fluids are hurting try either hot or ice cold. In the early days I struggled with tap water or nas squash with tap water. Hot fluids were best and failing that freezing wasn't painful. Ribena or vimto made up with hot water is amazing.
Your menu looks good :) high protein snacks on softs could be things like a teaspoon of pâté, crabsticks. If its a lactose intolerance rather than all dairy, lactofree do a range of cheese milk and cream. Alternatively soya is a good bet to try and they do yoghurts too. Make your own peanut butter by whizzing it in a blender :)

Above all, keep the faith. Yours isn't broken or damaged or done wrong. It's just a fluctuation, probably due to totm. You can do this hon.

Awwww hope and Yves I was praying you wud see this and comment. Thank u u have all made me cry but in a good way. I don't feel so alone now and even tho I'm still stalling im trying not to be so hard on myself.
You are all inspiring and I have to keep focused on why i had the surgery. My sister is home tomorrow and when I saw her yest she said I'd lost loads.. I think some inches. When my super slim cousin drives my car I used to have to push the seat back...but I don't now! Does that count as a nsv? Lol I hope so!
My period hasn't started yet but I'm very pre menstrual. How soon do they come after surgery &regulate?
I'm trying hard to keep up the protein and fluids and fit more walking into my day. I pray I start feeling like this is working sooner rather than later.
Thanks guys
Sally x

That's definitely an NSv - it is working! As for periods - mine still aren't settled.

Most definitely a NSV wannabe :). The seat belt/ car seat thing was a real biggy for me. I had to have the seat right back just so I could get the seat belt in and it was at max! Now I can get it clicked in with the seat in any position and have loads of spare belt left. It's those little things that make it all so worth while and reassure us that we are going in the right direction despite what the scales tell us ;). In my first four weeks I was stalled for the last two. I'm five weeks post op now and the weight is now moving down again quite rapidly too as my restriction is sooo there now :). You are doing brilliant and look forward to your first update post monthly cycle where I am sure you will register a big difference :) x

Hi guys quick update...totm still not here but plenty of backache and cramps... On the upside I've lost 7lbs since moaning so yay I didn't imagine the surgery! Thank u for the love and support xxx

:banana dancer: Dare I say ... Told ya so :p I'm so happy for you yummy :party0011:

Excellent news. Try and keep the faith and it will work for you.

You are not a failure, far from it. My mom has a saying that she applies to everything that goes not quite how we expect it and its "these things are sent to try us" and they certainly do! Keep your pecker up and keep doing what your doing

You are going through a really tough parch emotionally right now. I did I but mine started 3mths post op which was tough enough you deal with the challenges in the here & now & bury all else including those personal demons to focus on you're other problems. As ever you put yourself last.
You can't over eat but you end up not eating as well or sensibly as you might & if like me you eat to deal with things despite not being able to have the naughty things the need to eat & the disrupted pattern to your life currently it seems as if you have lost control.
Gains are not a sign if failure but of the stress you're under. Fluid retention & not eating or drinking enough all can be valid reasons for your body clinging to & grabbing back calories to give you the energy you need at this time.
Take care to drink as much as you can, eat sensibly as regularly as you can to give your body energy but also persuade it you're not starving yourself & it will give up this tiny gain & more besides. Despite my families challenges with my sons mental health at that time & since I've lost 8st & hit a special target weight not quite my longed for goal but close enough despite excess skin to be content. My old demons are still with me & I'm fighting to beat them back into their box as I set them aside in order to focus on my son, I still have that fight to win two years on & it's a slow personal battle but I will win & not let myself down. You to will get there, try to take time for yourself in amongst all your current emotional & physical demands. Don't let stalls or reverses get you down you are doing well don't be to tough on yourself. Here if you want to pm me for a private chat.

Back