• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone here else in their 20s?

Summer1992

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone else was in their 20s. I'm in my early 20s and I've always battled with weight problems. On top of that I keep having this fear that I'm wasting my 20s being overweight, especially being the fat friend. I feel like I can't do the other things my friends can.

I know it all sounds a bit high school and I'm well aware that I have many good qualities, but these are supposed to be some of my best years and I feel like I'm hiding away under a mountain of lard. Does anyone feel the same way?

Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm just doing some reflecting before I commit to getting surgery.

hey summer I know exactly how you feel I am 23 and feel like im 93 coz I cant do anything but mind u I am a brittle asthmatic lol :D I dread going out anywhere really coz of the hassle of finding something to wear that I dont look stupid in so I generally avoid social situations xx

27 and just had a sleeve!
Never had the skinny and pretty 20 something beach holidays and bikinis that they all seem to have going to do it in my 30's instead!

hi, I'm 27 have never been thin but this is the biggest I've been. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 and half years and have put on 4 stone in that time. I want us to try for a baby in the next year or so, so that is my main reason for surgery, I don't want to be a fat mum x

Hello I'm 27 and totally get where your coming from my best friend is a size 6 so I'm definitely the fat friend. I also feel like I'm wasting the most important years of my life by being so over weight and I have arthritis and severe joint inflammation which is all very painful. I have 3 small children and I'm missing out on so much due to my weight. I'm doing the surgery for myself, my health and my family. Gd luck everyone

Kirsty xx

Hey, I'm in my early 30's and wish I'd done this before having children and so I could enjoy my earlier years of adulthood!! I don't think you'll regret doing it! It's already stopping you from who you want to be and having the life you want to have! Go for it !much love to you xxx

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone else was in their 20s. I'm in my early 20s and I've always battled with weight problems. On top of that I keep having this fear that I'm wasting my 20s being overweight, especially being the fat friend. I feel like I can't do the other things my friends can.

I know it all sounds a bit high school and I'm well aware that I have many good qualities, but these are supposed to be some of my best years and I feel like I'm hiding away under a mountain of lard. Does anyone feel the same way?

Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm just doing some reflecting before I commit to getting surgery.

Yes we share the same date of birth and name !!!!!!!!

Where are you from????

Awww I'm glad I'm not the only one on my own. We'll soon be slim and healthy and able to enjoy our 20s!

Has anyone got any surgeries coming up? I'm still in the process of researching and saving the money.

I'm making a list of things I'd love to do in my 20s and one of them is lose this blooming weight!

Awww I'm glad I'm not the only one on my own. We'll soon be slim and healthy and able to enjoy our 20s!

Has anyone got any surgeries coming up? I'm still in the process of researching and saving the money.

I'm making a list of things I'd love to do in my 20s and one of them is lose this blooming weight!

Don't you qualify for surgery on the nhs. I don't have surgery cumin up yet but have first appointment with surgeon this Friday

Kirsty xx

Hi all,

Hey Summer,
Dont worry it makes perfect sense, and yep I felt exactly the same! I was 27 when I had my op. Wish I had done it sooner. Good luck in whatever you decide x

Hey Summer, Dont worry it makes perfect sense, and yep I felt exactly the same! I was 27 when I had my op. Wish I had done it sooner. Good luck in whatever you decide x

Thank you! Everyone says that they'd wish they had it sooner, I wish it was an option a few years ago.

At the moment I live and work in France so it's not easy to go back and forth to all the appointments and meeting in the UK. I did speak to the doctor but it just seemed like it would take too long to get the ball rolling. I saw a doctor a few years ago and nothing came of it. The longer I weight the more weight I'm putting on, so that's why I'm saving up :)

Back