• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone have kidney pain on their pre op diet?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had what they thought was pain from their kidneys whilst on the pre op/milk diet? (Assuming I'm right in thinking my kidneys are just under my ribcage on either side of my back?)

I had discomfort yesterday but wasn't worried, today it seems worse and I'm feeling really hot and pretty rough with it. :confused:

Anyone else have this?
Cheers, Cuppa xx

I still get that pain your describing now and then, But invest in a water bottle or heat pads, It does wonders. You may just have a lil cold in your back perhaps. If it was your kidneys your urine would be strong or you could just have a water infection perhaps. If in doubt though go to Gp with a urine sample the nurse there will test it there and then . Kind regards Gail.x

I see gail has already mentioned that wonderful word water. its the first indicatr for me pain in the kidney area if i havent drunk enough.
i suffered with some pain in the early days of my pre op but upping my water intake did the trick.
i suppose when you think of what they are filtering and getting rid of its understandable but please if it gets worse of doesnt settle with increasing yr fluids seek medical help.

Thank you both loads, I feel like I'm taking in so much fluids already (4 slimfasts, 2 mugs of oxo, 1 coffee, some jelly plus around 3ltrs of water too) but will def try upping that. More trips to the loo, I think I'll just set up camp in there!! :doh: ;) Urine is fine so hopefully not an infection. Definately running a bit of a temp though. Hope I haven't got the lurgy coming, that wouldn't be good! :(

Thanks again,
Cuppa xx

Back