• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone know what the numbers mean?

Jane

I have my appt next week, and have a pre-assessment form to fill in. There is a large section on medical history, and after each type of illness there is a number

example;
diabetes (61/62)
high blood pressure (23)
hiatus hernia (86)
The notes say to ignore them as they are for hospital use, but I wondered if anyone here had any idea what these mean?

I don't know sorry , hope u find out xx

Codes for their own use I'd guess. They're probably inputting the data into a computer and use codes instead of wording x

that makes sense Dell. I had thought they may be added up and if your score was over a certain amount, no surgery!

Guess I'll just stop worrying about it and look forward to getting my date at the end of the appt.

At my initial appointment I had a 'scored' medical questionnaire, and you did have to score over a certain amount to qualify for surgery, but the numbers were different to those.

The numbers are there for coding i would imagine. I can't see how people can be overscored on medical illness to have this sometimes 'life saving' surgery.

phatmomma said:
The numbers are there for coding i would imagine. I can't see how people can be overscored on medical illness to have this sometimes 'life saving' surgery.

With mine the scoring was part of the criteria. Too low and it's just weight management :(

I'm sure it will be medical coding. Speaking as an ex-nurse/midwife. We did have numerical codes for inputting data into the computer.

Back