• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone referred to St Mary's London? Advice needed

Tashaleigh79

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and have been referrred to St Mary's Paddington for my first appt on 21st March 2017 I was referred by GP in November 2016.

I have type 2 diabetes, high BP, under active thyroid and PCOS, BMI is over 50.

Has anyone had WLS at St Mary's and have any idea of waiting list or how long from referral to surgery took? Would be great to speak to anyone that also has the same referral date as me :)

Parsnip

I don't have any answers to your questions but wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm still awaiting my first appointment.
Have you done your tier 3 weight management?

Tashaleigh79

Hi
I don't have any answers to your questions but wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm still awaiting my first appointment.
Have you done your tier 3 weight management?

Hi Parsnip

Thank you

I haven't seen anyone apart from my GP at the mo what is the tier 3 weight managment?

Parsnip

Hi

Hi Parsnip

Thank you

I haven't seen anyone apart from my GP at the mo what is the tier 3 weight managment?

I haven't done mine yet but from what I gather it's basically a way to prove your commitment to weightloss. Regular weigh ins and meeting with various medical professionals and group meetings etc. How long it lasts varies, as your bmi is over 50 you'll usually be expected to do at least 6 months before being referred for surgery, if it were under you would be required to do at least 12 months x

Tashaleigh79

I haven't done mine yet but from what I gather it's basically a way to prove your commitment to weightloss. Regular weigh ins and meeting with various medical professionals and group meetings etc. How long it lasts varies, as your bmi is over 50 you'll usually be expected to do at least 6 months before being referred for surgery, if it were under you would be required to do at least 12 months x
Ah thank you I wasn't aware of that is that before or after the referral to the hospital? X

Parsnip

Ah thank you I wasn't aware of that is that before or after the referral to the hospital? X

Some hospitals do it as part of the referral... I'm still learning so don't know that much and it's confusing as different hospitals have different criteria.