• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello to such a vibrant and positive forum :)

gina82

Hi all,

I will be totally honest and admit that my name is not Gina, I will be going for WLS and wanted to keep anonymous as only my parents know that I am doing this. Apart from my name, I will be very honest about myself.

I've been reading some of the topics on this forum for sometime now and am really impressed at how supportive you all are of each other and for this reason wanted to join.

I am 35 years of age, at 5"8 I weigh 115kg. I have been a yo-yo dieter for at least 20 years of my life, being 126kg at my heaviest and 80kg at my lightest. I've read so many posts about lighter life, cambridge diet, slimfast etc, and trust me I can add at least another 25 different diets to the list and one thing is sure: quick fixes are not sustainable.

My weight has not only affected my confidence, but has taken a toll on my health and this has caused me worry. I am on medication for high blood pressure (past 8 years), PCOS, have joint pain really badly in the knees, now have fatty liver (even though I do not drink) and a benign tumor of the liver (FNH). At 35, this is simply too much.

I have tried everything and have realised that WLS is the right choice for me. I was referred by my GP to St Mary's (Paddington) last year: I saw the dieticians in July 2016, the surgical team and did all my bloods in November 2016, my psych assessment in December 2016. My case didn't go to MDT until July 2017 and have just received an invite for a pre-op diet meeting in October 2017.

I have been approved for the sleeve surgery under the team of Dr Ahmed Ahmed.

I'm here because you are all truly inspirational and supportive of each other, because I am keeping this very private, I would like to speak to other like-minded individuals going through the same thing.

I suppose my question is: has anyone had their surgery with Dr Ahmed? Any ideas of how long before surgery as I presume I am at the final stage pre-op. Any tips or suggestions would gladly be welcomed.

Thank you for reading :hugs:

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Well hello @gina82 and welcome.

Thanks for telling us a bit about you and it looks like your almost there and just really waiting for your date, so good luck and I hope you get that date soon :D

Hannah2

Hello and welcome @gina82

Shhhhhhh.... I am not called Hannah either.... don't tell anyone! Lol!

It is great to have a place where people understand what you are going through.

Hope someone can answer your specific questions.

Laaux

Hi all,

I will be totally honest and admit that my name is not Gina, I will be going for WLS and wanted to keep anonymous as only my parents know that I am doing this. Apart from my name, I will be very honest about myself.

I've been reading some of the topics on this forum for sometime now and am really impressed at how supportive you all are of each other and for this reason wanted to join.

I am 35 years of age, at 5"8 I weigh 115kg. I have been a yo-yo dieter for at least 20 years of my life, being 126kg at my heaviest and 80kg at my lightest. I've read so many posts about lighter life, cambridge diet, slimfast etc, and trust me I can add at least another 25 different diets to the list and one thing is sure: quick fixes are not sustainable.

My weight has not only affected my confidence, but has taken a toll on my health and this has caused me worry. I am on medication for high blood pressure (past 8 years), PCOS, have joint pain really badly in the knees, now have fatty liver (even though I do not drink) and a benign tumor of the liver (FNH). At 35, this is simply too much.

I have tried everything and have realised that WLS is the right choice for me. I was referred by my GP to St Mary's (Paddington) last year: I saw the dieticians in July 2016, the surgical team and did all my bloods in November 2016, my psych assessment in December 2016. My case didn't go to MDT until July 2017 and have just received an invite for a pre-op diet meeting in October 2017.

I'm here because you are all truly inspirational and supportive of each other, because I am keeping this very private, I would like to speak to other like-minded individuals going through the same thing.

I suppose my question is: has anyone had their surgery with Dr Ahmed? Any ideas of how long before surgery as I presume I am at the final stage pre-op. Any tips or suggestions would gladly be welcomed.

Hi @gina82 and welcome to the forum! :D

Every surgeon and hospital is different when it comes to waiting times but I'm presuming sincenyou have your pre-op that it shouldn't be long now! After I had been approved for surgery, which I think was April/May time.. I received my surgery date within about 6 weeks and my surgery was 03.07.2017. I also had the sleeve so will be willing to answer any questions you have.

Good luck & I'll look forward to hearing more about your journey! X

OkieGirl

Welcome to the forum @gina82! I'm like you and have been so impressed with how lovely and supportive everyone is here.

FeeBee

Hello, welcome and good luck on your journey :)

Maria61

Hi good luck to you. I am having a gastric bypass on 19 September at Luton and Dunstable and hope you don't have to wait too long for your surgery. This forum has helped me greatly over the last 18 months which is how long it has taken me from seeing my go to actually having a date for surgery xxxx

Bling Babe

Hi all,

Hello welcome and good luck xx

Sunshine99

Welcome @gina82 , And...I wish you every success in your journey ahead.

Toni:rainbow: