• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG funding approved after 20 years of yo yo dieting

beepbeepcat

:D
I know it's a similar story to others but this time it's me/mine/my own!
After being bullied all though school being called BISON, rapid weight gain then barely eating to loose weight.....Having two beautiful children after being told I would be unlikely to have children.....marrying the man who's always been there in my life whatever. I may finally be able to breathe and not be noticed for being the fat woman/mum or wife. I want to blend in with society not be noticed just get fit and live.
I was refused funding 2002, been on Oralstat, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, cal counted, Slim fast and then a Dr listened and referred me again but to tier 3 weight loss program which was tough soul searching too. Letter received in Mid Auguast from Spire outlining my progress and exit info from tier 3. I completed in July and waiting, waiting impatiently so called Spire last week to find out I was waiting a clinic!? So panicking thinking I'm going to be put though several more months of clinics appoints I called again today. Amazed by response they had a wrong contact number for me and tried calling to arrange an appointment for nurse and surgeon on the 9th October! I asked what happened after that , have I actually be approved "yes you have". Omg it's my go.

Wow! Very well done you!

Whoooop how exciting for you xxx best decision I ever made was to have WLS :) good luck hunni xxx

Such good news for you Beepbeep. How exciting. Do you know what you'll be having? Band/sleeve/bypass??

Thank you so much everyone I am so shocked still in disbelief. I have got to go for an appointment to see nurse and surgon on the 9th October which is mega quick after the wait so I hope to find out about what route they will offer however hoping for bypass as I believe it's the best option. Can anyone help how do I tell work and what do I say as I have not told anyone apart from my husband and 2 very close friends. Do I have to tell them what the operation is? I haven't told my parents or In-laws as I don't want negative comments or the normal "you need to diet".

Thank you so much everyone I am so shocked still in disbelief. I have got to go for an appointment to see nurse and surgon on the 9th October which is mega quick after the wait so I hope to find out about what route they will offer however hoping for bypass as I believe it's the best option. Can anyone help how do I tell work and what do I say as I have not told anyone apart from my husband and 2 very close friends. Do I have to tell them what the operation is? I haven't told my parents or In-laws as I don't want negative comments or the normal "you need to diet".

My surgeon just gave me a sicknote for "gastric surgery" so you don't have to tell them everything :)

They said on the phone to ask questions but my mind has gone blank help....

Back