• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does the doctor refer for funding

aprylsdad

Does anybody know how the doctor goes about referring for funding for Southampton Spire Hospital. My doctor hasn't referred anybody for bariatric surgery before. I live in Gosport but want to be referred to Southampton instead of Portsmouth. Has anybody else been referred to Southampton from the Gosport/Fareham or Portsmouth area.

Hello,

I dont know how it works but when my gp referred me to the surgery they also had to find out how to do it. I remember they were quite helpful letting me know every step of the way. I had to go back few times for tests so they would give the right readings, they sent a letter to the wrong place first and this place told them where it should be sent, after two weeks I received a letter from QA bariatric team for an appoitment. Now I know it is not so helpful as I dont really know the places they sent the letter to, but it means that your gp can try to find out for you like mine did. I mean they must have a helpline for this, no? Talk to them all the time and ask for update otherwise it could take ages for them to do something...that is if they dont just forget altogether.

I think you are right not going to QA I read on the news this week that the numbers of surgery cancelled last year went skyhigh I was suppose to be having my surgery feb/march but still waiting for a date and no idea when I will get it...Anyway good luck and keep us posted. :)

Thanks for info pinkcere. I hope Southampton will be a bit more reliable than the QA. All of my appointments are at Southampton as from there and under them for other treatments. Im just not sure what pct handles the funding. I will phone doctors to see how its going.Hopefully you will get your surgery soon. Good Luck

With all due respect the GP needs to get the proverbial finger out and find out, it's their job..... with the newer guidelines coming out they all need to get up to speed, won't take more than a few phone calls.....good luck!

Back