• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment with the consultant tomorrow - things to ask???

Meggie

Hi all.
I have my first appointment with the consultant tomorrow. I'm just writing all of the important things to ask down and having a bit of a hard time thinking of everything!! I seem to remember there being a great list of questions to ask but can't seem to find it!!!

Also, might sound weird, but do you think there is anything I should avoid saying?? I know they need to know everything to make the best choice for me but I'm scared of saying something that will slow down the whole process for me!!!

Be totally honest!! You are'nt going to tell them anything they have'nt heard before. Thats why we finish up in their office in the 1st place lol. I ask my surgeon about my choice of op, for you I'd ask if your op is done open or keyhole. recovery period and how long your stay in hospital will be. I don't really know what else because you're having bypass are'nt you??

I am hopefully having the bypass. I can't see any reason why he would want me to have the band over the bypass!!!

I thought you were going for bypass lol. I'm sure someone who's had the bypass will give you a list of question to ask. Good luck sweetheartxx

Thanks hun!!

xxx

I don't know if you have any comorbidities but as your BMI is 40.6 you might want to ask if you can start losing some weight without losing your right to WLS. If it is secure then any lbs lost pre-op would be to your benefit. HTH

Back