• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultant first appointment- what to expect

Elmo10

Hi guys. I know it's different from place to place and depends on which consultant you see and which trust your under... But I have my first appt with the consultant tommorow and I am really really nervous. I'm under north tyneside. Would like to hear how ppls first consultant appts went? I'm so scared he'll say no to the surgery or something. I expect I will get weighed and what else happens?? Thanks in advance xx

I had my first appointment with the consultant on Friday, like you l was nervous and didn't know what to expect . I was weighed and height taken. He asked me why l wanted wls,he examined me , talked about the options and the risks! , l think they have to tell you this. I have been doing a lot of research so really l new all that he told me. My only surprise was that if l went in for a bypass l may have to consent to him doing another type of wls if he couldn't do the bypass at the time, but l think this quiet common . Hope this helps and good luck. Xx

Hi. Thanks for that. I'm just so nervous and scared. I was the same before seeing nurse and psychologist for first time too. This means so much to me. My last chance for a healthy life. I'm just scared something will come or he'll say I aren't let enough weight to go ahead. I'm hoping for a sleeve but will be happy with whatever. Did u gus get a date for ur operation? Or what is your next step?

They are having a team meeting about me in the next few weeks, and then l will hear.

Back