• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment with consultant

Vespa

Hey all I thought i'd keep you updated.

I had an appointment with the consultant on Friday and it looks like all is going well :).

She did the checks I.e. My height, weight and measurements and blood pressure (completely normal by the way :D).

The further two tests I need to have is a blood test for diabetes and thyroid function (Thursday) and a test for Cushings disease (I have to collect 24hrs worth of urine in a big cider bottle, haha).

After this, I see the dietician, only once as I have seen her for over a year now and she beleives I am good to go. Then I see a pscycologist then it's off for the endoscopy then surgery!

Apparently the process can take up to a year but I'm so happy it seems to be running smoothly.

Sorry about the essay but I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Tegan xxxxxxx

It's all part of the process. Once the appointments start coming, the time and waiting seem to go very fast. Take this valuable time to really do your research and before you know it, you will be getting your date.

Good luck with all your pre op tests, it's all very exciting once the ball is truly rolling :)

Hi Vespa,
Good luck. Where will you have your surgery? I am in Swindon and having mine in Gloucester Royal.

Hi there,

Thanks very much!

I have been told that I will have my surgery at Bristol Southmead hospital as I live in Bath.

Tegan xxx

How exciting!

Thanks guys it's crazy I have had a battle for 2 1/2 years to get funding and now it seems to be going somewhere!

Fingers crossed!

Tegan xxx

Hi all,

Time for a quick update- I have an appointment to see the dietitian on 11th Novemeber- either she'll say diet for a few more months or refer me to Bristol to get Endoscopy, then surgery waiting list! In the meantime I'll meet with the psychologist and surgeon- I'm so excited but nervous at the same time!

Thanks xxx

Oh and to add- the test for Cushings went well, awaiting results.

Thursday I had blood taken to test for diabetes- oh dear at first she couldn't find a vein, then she did and I didn't bleed very well, then I hand to have blood taken from my hand! Ouch!

Oh well I will go through any amount of pain for this and I'm never gonna quit.

xxx

Back