• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2015 Surgeries

dizzyday71

Oh no Dizzy, only just seen this. Surely it must go ahead the third time, stay strong and see it as extra time to prepare yourself. Lynn x
thanks Lynn, I was proper gutter this morning, but these things happen, they just feel like they happen to me more often. Got to keep smiling, 7 days is not long in the grand sachem of things xx

Lostinmy30's

That's me done ! I was operated on Saturday home on Monday ? recovering not too bad after a shake your start in hospital with nausea and vomiting . Getting used to liquid medication too yuk . My sense of taste was turned up from the anaesthetic and everything was vile. That's settled now and I'm managing better. Just need to be careful if I'm gonna cough , laugh or sneeze and when I'm transitioning from sitting to standing and vice versa. Lots of pillows in bed help me get comfy . Some trapped wind issues but am sure there is a million threads on that ? good luck everyone xxx

kurstywursty

That's me done ! I was operated on Saturday home on Monday ? recovering not too bad after a shake your start in hospital with nausea and vomiting . Getting used to liquid medication too yuk . My sense of taste was turned up from the anaesthetic and everything was vile. That's settled now and I'm managing better. Just need to be careful if I'm gonna cough , laugh or sneeze and when I'm transitioning from sitting to standing and vice versa. Lots of pillows in bed help me get comfy . Some trapped wind issues but am sure there is a million threads on that ? good luck everyone xxx

Welcome to the losers bench xx

weegie

Well done, hope you heal quickly. I met Mr Carter last night, he's lovely.

dizzyday71

nice to hear you are home and doing ok xx

loulabelle79

So today was the day .... but my op got cancelled, I was admitted at 7am saw the anethetist and consultant, I signed my consent form and then about an hour later he came back and told me their wasn't a bed for me ... Been sulking most of the day, Just got to wait for another date, hoping it won't be too long, but feeling very frustrated ? xx

dizzyday71

So today was the day .... but my op got cancelled, I was admitted at 7am saw the anethetist and consultant, I signed my consent form and then about an hour later he came back and told me their wasn't a bed for me ... Been sulking most of the day, Just got to wait for another date, hoping it won't be too long, but feeling very frustrated ? xx
I really feel for you, I've have been cancelled twice now, the up side is at least it just ins day, I will keep my fingers n toes crossed for you that it goes ahead today, I have to wait until 27 April & I hope it goes ahead 3rd time lucky xx

BFB

I'm 4 days post-op now, following a bypass on Monday. Came home yesterday, a day later than expected due to being in agony and vomiting. All settled down now.

My feet are up and I'm trying to take things easy but it's hard to relax when I don't feel ill! I had quite a declutter pre-op and still got loads to do but my little sensible brain says don't be a d*ck and try and lift boxes.....so here I am, watching telly, reading magazines and sitting on my soon to be teeny tiny backside lol :D

Wishing everyone due surgery all the best. Sorry to hear about the cancellations, incredibly frustrating I'm sure. I'm shoving up on the losers bench :) x

dizzyday71

I'm 4 days post-op now, following a bypass on Monday. Came home yesterday, a day later than expected due to being in agony and vomiting. All settled down now. My feet are up and I'm trying to take things easy but it's hard to relax when I don't feel ill! I had quite a declutter pre-op and still got loads to do but my little sensible brain says don't be a d*ck and try and lift boxes.....so here I am, watching telly, reading magazines and sitting on my soon to be teeny tiny backside lol :D Wishing everyone due surgery all the best. Sorry to hear about the cancellations, incredibly frustrating I'm sure. I'm shoving up on the losers bench :) x
great to hear you are home & resting, wishing you a very speedy recovery xx

BFB

I had my bypass at L&D on Thursday and came home Friday. Feel like I have been kicked in the stomach by a horse, other than that all's OK. Dealing with wind pain by walking and taking meds. prescribed. Keeping liquids down OK, certainly know when had enough. Had some smooth yogurt and smooth soup today, a change from the clear liquids. So onwards and downwards (weight that is).

dizzyday71

I had my bypass at L&D on Thursday and came home Friday. Feel like I have been kicked in the stomach by a horse, other than that all's OK. Dealing with wind pain by walking and taking meds. prescribed. Keeping liquids down OK, certainly know when had enough. Had some smooth yogurt and smooth soup today, a change from the clear liquids. So onwards and downwards (weight that is).
hope you feel better soon, great news that the liquids are staying in, you will be on chunks before you know it xx

weegie

Well done reaching the losers bench :)

cam1983

I'm 4 days post-op now, following a bypass on Monday. Came home yesterday, a day later than expected due to being in agony and vomiting. All settled down now. My feet are up and I'm trying to take things easy but it's hard to relax when I don't feel ill! I had quite a declutter pre-op and still got loads to do but my little sensible brain says don't be a d*ck and try and lift boxes.....so here I am, watching telly, reading magazines and sitting on my soon to be teeny tiny backside lol :D Wishing everyone due surgery all the best. Sorry to hear about the cancellations, incredibly frustrating I'm sure. I'm shoving up on the losers bench :) x

I'm so excited to be in your position - sounds great, keep those feet up x

BFB

I'm so excited to be in your position - sounds great, keep those feet up x

Thank you :)

Whereabouts are you in your journey? x

cam1983

Thank you :) Whereabouts are you in your journey? x

Went to UCLH on April 15th for 1st appointment with Dr Adamo, nurse and dietitian ....... Now just waiting for pre-op assessment. Very excited and can't wait to start my new life of getting fit and slimmer x

BFB

Went to UCLH on April 15th for 1st appointment with Dr Adamo, nurse and dietitian ....... Now just waiting for pre-op assessment. Very excited and can't wait to start my new life of getting fit and slimmer x

It is exciting :) Hope you don't have to wait too long. Your new life is right around the corner :) x

mamma mia

Good luck everyone I know it's a bit of a cliche but truly life changing xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery