• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2017 Surgeries

I think because it's something I've wanted for so long, I'm frightened of failing!
Oh bless you, I guess we will all have the worry of failing at some point during our journeys! I'm petrified of failing too :( I just hope the operation is successful and helps me lead a healthier life! Are you going through the NHS?xx

Oh bless you, I guess we will all have the worry of failing at some point during our journeys! I'm petrified of failing too :( I just hope the operation is successful and helps me lead a healthier life! Are you going through the NHS?xx
Yes I'm lucky to have a really supportive GP who secured NHS funding for me but have been in the system at Derby hospital since April 2014 so it's been a long process since getting the funding!

Anyone else having their surgery in April this year? x

Hi Meg

I am booked for a bypass on 25 April at L&D with Mr Jain on the NHS. I had a band fitted privately 10 years ago - I made the mistake and should have opted for the bypass then and I would have been on the losers bench already.
Where are you having yours done?
SJ x

Yes I'm lucky to have a really supportive GP who secured NHS funding for me but have been in the system at Derby hospital since April 2014 so it's been a long process since getting the funding!
Wow you have been waiting a long time! How come it's been so long? You must be so relieved to have a confirmed date now. I think the reason I opted for private was because I cannot bare the thought of NHS waiting times!
Hi Meg

I am booked for a bypass on 25 April at L&D with Mr Jain on the NHS. I had a band fitted privately 10 years ago - I made the mistake and should have opted for the bypass then and I would have been on the losers bench already.
Where are you having yours done?
SJ x
Hey hey, ooh good luck!! Are you excited? I have heard the band has been unsuccessful for a lot of people :( I'm flying over to the Czech Republic through a company called Beautiful Beings xx

Wow you have been waiting a long time! How come it's been so long? You must be so relieved to have a confirmed date now. I think the reason I opted for private was because I cannot bare the thought of NHS waiting times!

Hey hey, ooh good luck!! Are you excited? I have heard the band has been unsuccessful for a lot of people :( I'm flying over to the Czech Republic through a company called Beautiful Beings xx
I was offered a date last November but we had a 3 week holiday to Cuba booked for January and wouldn't have been covered on my travel insurance so because they were aware of my holiday they gave me the new date :) Wow Czech Republic, is anyone going with you? What surgery are you having?

I was offered a date last November but we had a 3 week holiday to Cuba booked for January and wouldn't have been covered on my travel insurance so because they were aware of my holiday they gave me the new date :) Wow Czech Republic, is anyone going with you? What surgery are you having?
Even so, last November was still a while to wait! But Cuba must have been amazing!? Did you enjoy it? :) I'm bringing my boyfriend along with me, I would have taken mum too but she's a teacher and can't get the time off work! I'm having the sleeve done, really excited for it! SO scared that I won't fit in the plane seat though :( xx

Even so, last November was still a while to wait! But Cuba must have been amazing!? Did you enjoy it? :) I'm bringing my boyfriend along with me, I would have taken mum too but she's a teacher and can't get the time off work! I'm having the sleeve done, really excited for it! SO scared that I won't fit in the plane seat though :( xx
Cuba was fantastic, would definitely recommend it :)
You can always lift the arm up between you and your boyfriend on the plane.;) how long do you have to stay in Czech Republic for and what happens about your follow up appointments and the dietitian? Xx

Cuba was fantastic, would definitely recommend it :)
You can always lift the arm up between you and your boyfriend on the plane.;) how long do you have to stay in Czech Republic for and what happens about your follow up appointments and the dietitian? Xx
Oh that's wonderful! I must admit that it's not even somewhere I'd thought about going before.. but I'll defo take a look :D
hahah, that's a sure thing! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it down for long enough during take off & landing! Do you think I could get away with squeezing it down while they do their checks and then popping it back up when they sit down for take off??
I fly out on Monday 17th April, then the op is on Tuesday and I fly home Friday!
As for dietitian and follow up - follow ups will be with my GP with things like getting my stitches out! Dietitian can also be with my Gp too :)

Last edited:
Oh that's wonderful! I must admit that it's not even somewhere I'd thought about going before.. but I'll defo take a look :D
hahah, that's a sure thing! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it down for long enough during take off & landing! Do you think I could get away with squeezing it down while they do their checks and then popping it back up when they sit down for take off??
I fly out on Monday 17th April, then the op is on Tuesday and I fly home Friday!
As for dietitian and follow up - follow ups will be with my GP with things like getting my stitches out! Dietitian can also be with my Gp too :)
Got to be worth a go, they only walk past once to check the seat belts etc :) That's different to me because I'm NHS I think it's every 3 months for a while and then 6months and eventually once a year!

Got to be worth a go, they only walk past once to check the seat belts etc :) That's different to me because I'm NHS I think it's every 3 months for a while and then 6months and eventually once a year!
I agree, i'll try it haha! Thats not too bad, I guess if we ever need to be seen to at any point, the NHS will always be there with like A&E, doctors and that :) Are you currently doing your pre-op??

How exciting for you @Hopeful_Meg!! Looking forward to seeing you transform on your journey. I am also at the start of mine xx
I can't wait to start a new lease of life! Which stage are you at?x

I agree, i'll try it haha! Thats not too bad, I guess if we ever need to be seen to at any point, the NHS will always be there with like A&E, doctors and that :) Are you currently doing your pre-op??

I can't wait to start a new lease of life! Which stage are you at?x
I have been on my pre-op diet for 3 weeks so far so will be 4 weeks by the time I have my surgery

I have been on my pre-op diet for 3 weeks so far so will be 4 weeks by the time I have my surgery
Oh I am so relieved to hear you say that!! I have to do mine for 4 weeks too and I am panicking that I won't be able to stick to it for so long! Which pre op have you been doing?x

Oh I am so relieved to hear you say that!! I have to do mine for 4 weeks too and I am panicking that I won't be able to stick to it for so long! Which pre op have you been doing?x
The hospital I'm under do the food pre-op it takes a bit to get your head around and there is a lot of weighing and measuring. Personally I would have preferred the milk diet because it takes food out of the equation and it gets you used to being on liquids ready for after the surgery

The hospital I'm under do the food pre-op it takes a bit to get your head around and there is a lot of weighing and measuring. Personally I would have preferred the milk diet because it takes food out of the equation and it gets you used to being on liquids ready for after the surgery
Oh really? Have you found it difficult? I am doing alternate days with milk and then 800 cals the next day

Back