• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else having surgery in April?

blossom11

Hi there,

After doing lots and lots of research and getting some really good advice from this great forum I've booked for gastric band surgery on the 7th April at Birmingham Spire.

I just wondered if anyone else is having surgery soon?

Thought it might be good mutual support X X X :):)

I have mine at St Richard's on 15th March. I'm definitely up for mutual support. Just finishing week 1 of milk diet!!

Jacala73 x

Hi Jacala,

Just started my pre op diet too but I'm on meal replacements not milk. Is it just milk that must be tough. Keep going.

Def here for mutual support. Where is St Richards?

All the best x x x

Hi Jacala,

Just started my pre op diet too but I'm on meal replacements not milk. Is it just milk that must be tough. Keep going.

Def here for mutual support. Where is St Richards?

All the best x x x

You seem to have a long pre op diet blossom? Good luck Xx

Hi Monalisa,

The surgeon recommended vlcd for two weeks before. I've decided to see if I can live off the weight to go replacements for an extra two weeks just to see if I can get a bit more weight off. Day one today hasnt been easy!! I'm just really worried about surgery so want to do all I can before to help...I must be mad. I can't believe I did lighter life for 6 months...I'm wondering how today lol!!!

Hi Blossom11,

St Richards is in Chichester, in West Sussex.

I'm supposed to have 4 pints of ss milk a day and I can have a sugar free jelly which has been my saviour!! I haven't managed all 4 pints in a day yet though

Hi Monalisa,

The surgeon recommended vlcd for two weeks before. I've decided to see if I can live off the weight to go replacements for an extra two weeks just to see if I can get a bit more weight off. Day one today hasnt been easy!! I'm just really worried about surgery so want to do all I can before to help...I must be mad. I can't believe I did lighter life for 6 months...I'm wondering how today lol!!!

Good for you don't think I could have done it my daft mind wanted to eat all I could before I had to stop lol Xx

Hi there,

After doing lots and lots of research and getting some really good advice from this great forum I've booked for gastric band surgery on the 7th April at Birmingham Spire.

I just wondered if anyone else is having surgery soon?

Thought it might be good mutual support X X X :):)

Hi Blossom, who is your surgeon at The Spire?

Hows the pre op diet going? x

Hi all - I am not due to have my surgery yet but just wanted to ask does anyone know whether you have a choice of meal replacement or milk diet or is it just what your surgeon prefers?

I'm going through healthier weight.

They give you a diet which can follow with normal food or using the 'weight to go' surgery box.

Hope that helps X X x

Hi there my surgeon is Mr Super.

I've decided it was too drastic to go cold turkey so far in advance!! So I'm just going to do the pre op two weeks before as suggested by my surgeon.

Are you having surgery in April too?

All the best X X x

Hi Blossom11

I was hoping my surgery would be April/May but they have now told me it could be as late as July. Also I am under Kings so I have no idea what my pre-op diet will be. The main thing I know is that it will be milk based

I have not decided to do the pre-op early but would like to know what it involves to mentally prepare as best as I can

I'm also booked for April!
13th April - Mini Bypass with Dr Chris De Bruyne.
Pre Op will start just after Easter Weekend.
Good luck to all :)

Good luck to you all having surgery in April x

I'm booked into the spire Southampton on the 5th April and I can't wait !
Today I start my pre op diet and the option I have chosen is not to bad and I'm hoping I can cope with it , at least it's eating protein and veg for most of it ..
I've just asked on another thread for recipe ideas

Hi there my surgeon is Mr Super.

I've decided it was too drastic to go cold turkey so far in advance!! So I'm just going to do the pre op two weeks before as suggested by my surgeon.

Are you having surgery in April too?

All the best X X x

Hi Blossom

No i'm having mine this Saturday so its all becoming real now! lol. How's the pre op going? x

Back