• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2017 Surgeries

Hopeful_Meg

They said to just cut fat and sugar out of my diet but to also have a look at the NHS pre-op diets. They said any would be fine so I asked if i could do a mix-match of milk/protein shakes one day and low carb diet the next and said it was fine as long as my food days were under 800cals. So I seem to be able to be quite lenient with mine! Did your hospital not give you the option to do milk diet for the pre op??

Mother K

No apparently they used to do the milk but now do food. A friend of mine did the milk diet for her surgery she was allowed 2.5 pints of semi skimmed milk she could put sugerfree crusha milkshake syrup in it but not the chocolate flavour for some reason. she also had to have 1 oxo drink per day and a good multi vitamin such as holland & Barrera ABC plus.
She could also have sugerfree jelly and tea, coffee using the milk and no added sugar squash. I did something similar a few years ago and found it easier than I have this time doing the food one.

Carby2barbie

I agree, i'll try it haha! Thats not too bad, I guess if we ever need to be seen to at any point, the NHS will always be there with like A&E, doctors and that :) Are you currently doing your pre-op??

I can't wait to start a new lease of life! Which stage are you at?x

I start the pre op diet tomorrow and surgery date is march 16th! Getting very real now xx

Mother K

I'm doing the low carb diet. So followed the guidelines I was given and planned all my meals. I couldnt stomach the milk diet and I had the choice xx
Well done for being organised, I wasn't at first, because we had Christmas and new year then I went on holiday in January for 3 weeks I had to start my pre-op diet the day I got back, so it took a while for me to get my head around it!

Carby2barbie

Well done for being organised, I wasn't at first, because we had Christmas and new year then I went on holiday in January for 3 weeks I had to start my pre-op diet the day I got back, so it took a while for me to get my head around it!

Luckily I have only got to do it for 2weeks xx

Carby2barbie

Where are you on your journey xx

Hopeful_Meg

@Mother K That's really interesting, thank you for mentioning what she had to do! I've got a multivitamin from boots which should be okay. Strange that the chocolate flavour wasn't allowed it's the only one I would have chosen haha. I've got high protein, low carb protein powder to have as shakes to make the milk days a little less dull! Then for my food days i've got high protein, low carb brownies for those naughty cravings that I just know I will have!
@Carby2barbie Good luck with the pre-op diet, you're so well organised!! What sort of meals will you have?
@djajb Fingers crossed it won't be too long now :)

Carby2barbie

Hi C, ended up with the sleeve because of the scar tissue, was supposed to go home today but they didn't let me because have problems with reflux acid!
Which is quite uncomfortable but will hopefully improve :(

O no you poor thing! That's not good bless you!! Fingers crossed your be home soon and on your way to a speedy recovery! How are you feeling other than that xxx

Mother K

O no you poor thing! That's not good bless you!! Fingers crossed your be home soon and on your way to a speedy recovery! How are you feeling other than that xxx
Feeling more human today, doing better with my fluid intake as well. So hopefully they will let me go home :)

FeeBee

Fingers crossed you can come home today @Mother K x