• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2017 Surgeries

Suffolk Joy

Hi Hopeful-Meg surgery went well, I ended up with the sleeve. Been having a few problems with acid reflux and high temperature but they changed my medication etc and feeling loads better today :)

Hi Mother K

I am doing a six week milk diet as a run into my surgery on 25 April (but having a bypass) at L&D but very interested to read your feeds on your progress. So glad that the reflux has been sorted and you are home where you can really rest up and recuperate. Hospitals may be good for treatment but are awful for recuperation and rest!

Keep us posted on your recovery.
SJ x

Mother K

Hi Mother K

I am doing a six week milk diet as a run into my surgery on 25 April (but having a bypass) at L&D but very interested to read your feeds on your progress. So glad that the reflux has been sorted and you are home where you can really rest up and recuperate. Hospitals may be good for treatment but are awful for recuperation and rest!

Keep us posted on your recovery.
SJ x
Hi Suffolk Joy, I have not been on here for a few days as I ended up getting an infection in one of my wounds so was feeling quite crappy for a few days! I'm feeling much better this week apart from having no energy, today is my first day of puréed food so will
Let you know how it goes. Xx

Suffolk Joy

Hi Suffolk Joy, I have not been on here for a few days as I ended up getting an infection in one of my wounds so was feeling quite crappy for a few days! I'm feeling much better this week apart from having no energy, today is my first day of puréed food so will
Let you know how it goes. Xx

Mother K
Sorry to hear about the infection which post-op means a lot of energy spent fighting it and not a lot left over for anything else. Good to hear you are on the mend and onto pureed foods.
Do you feel any pain or discomfort when eating?
Although I have a fairly high pain threshold I hate the idea of being in pain as it makes me want to crawl into bed and lay perfectly still which is the exact opposite to what I should be doing to prevent clots etc.
Still they said about bringing patches home so hopefully that will help. What about your tablet (if you have any daily meds) - are they all in liquid form? I have 10 tabs a day which are no problem to swallow now but I am sure aren't on the liquid diet!
SJ x

Mother K

Mother K
Sorry to hear about the infection which post-op means a lot of energy spent fighting it and not a lot left over for anything else. Good to hear you are on the mend and onto pureed foods.
Do you feel any pain or discomfort when eating?
Although I have a fairly high pain threshold I hate the idea of being in pain as it makes me want to crawl into bed and lay perfectly still which is the exact opposite to what I should be doing to prevent clots etc.
Still they said about bringing patches home so hopefully that will help. What about your tablet (if you have any daily meds) - are they all in liquid form? I have 10 tabs a day which are no problem to swallow now but I am sure aren't on the liquid diet!
SJ x
I've been on my normal tablets since the day after my op but can't manage too much fluid with them. I was uncomfortable swallowing fluids for the first 2 days but been fine since, just remember little but often. I felt I was constantly sipping some sit of fluid but it took me about 1 week to get over the 1ltr point but drinking plenty now :) The main discomfort was wind but they gave me infacol (like a baby) even had my hubby rubbing my back lol xx

Suffolk Joy

I've been on my normal tablets since the day after my op but can't manage too much fluid with them. I was uncomfortable swallowing fluids for the first 2 days but been fine since, just remember little but often. I felt I was constantly sipping some sit of fluid but it took me about 1 week to get over the 1ltr point but drinking plenty now :) The main discomfort was wind but they gave me infacol (like a baby) even had my hubby rubbing my back lol xx

As long as he didn't throw you over his shoulder to burp you!! I am assuming a drink for constant sips is practically super glued to your side to ensure you keep drinking. I am generally a thirsty girl (have been since childhood) and drink at least 2 L of fluid a day in addition to my milk of 2.5 L so I won't be hitting those heady heights for some while post op! As for the tabs - thats good news that I don't have to go through the hassle of getting all of them changed to liquid - many thanks.
SJ xx

Mother K

As long as he didn't throw you over his shoulder to burp you!! I am assuming a drink for constant sips is practically super glued to your side to ensure you keep drinking. I am generally a thirsty girl (have been since childhood) and drink at least 2 L of fluid a day in addition to my milk of 2.5 L so I won't be hitting those heady heights for some while post op! As for the tabs - thats good news that I don't have to go through the hassle of getting all of them changed to liquid - many thanks.
SJ xx
If he tried to put me over his shoulder, the weight of me would have broke his back! Lol
It maybe different at your hospital about taking tablets but at Derby it's not a problem:) Yes my water bottle it my best friend st the moment we are joined at the hip. Xx

FeeBee

It's a big deal having WLS so being nervous is perfectly reasonable I think. Sending you a hand to hold. Remind yourself why you've made this choice and how you got here. It's life changing but worth it x

djajb

It's my surgery tomorrow.
I am having.. a lot of anxiety about it right now. Hand shaking type of anxiety
I can honestly say there were no nerves for me, I had become so focused whilst on the pre op diet. if it helps at all focus on your journey and your journey to come. had my op on the 29th march and have had no pain for over a week now. sending thoughts...